Lunch: Carrot & Coriander Soup - Delicious!... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
46,520 members8,354 posts

Lunch: Carrot & Coriander Soup - Delicious! :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I froze some of my homemade Carrot & Coriander soup, so I got it out last night to de-frost, and it made a delicious lunch today alongside some freshly baked wholemeal bread (from the local bakery) and some Organic peanut butter. Yummy!

Zest :-)

18 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, my favourite soup here and home made so it looks delicious and with freshly baked bread, a perfect lunch. 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

It was really delicious. I enjoyed it.

😋😋😋😋.. can't beat it! My favourite..looks lush 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Millie09

Hi Millie09

A great choice of soup - such a great flavour combination. :-)

Millie09
Millie09 in reply to Zest

Absolutely zest 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Millie09

:-)

Funny you posted this. I’m trying this tonight 👍🏻

Zest
ZestStar in reply to homemaker46

Hi homemaker46

That's great, I hope you enjoy it. :-)

Hi, I was wondering how that freezes (worrying carrots would make it mushy) but it looks perfectly fine from your photo!

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Swan_not_elephant

Hi Swan_not_elephant

Yes, it tasted as good from frozen as it did when I first prepared it, so freezing does work well with this soup.

WOW, LOOKS GREAT AM GOING TO TRY THIS.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to tashapope

That's great, I hope you enjoy it. I've just had some for lunch today - the last of the batch that I froze, and it was as delicious as when I made it the first day. :-)

Doing a shop tonight am going to get ingredients together and cook some up, am liking the freshly baked bread, those part baked loaves would work wouldn't they? To add to lovely cooking smells. Wow am going to enjoy cooking this for my husband tomorrow.

Zest

Hi tashapope

Yes you could use part-baked rolls and finish them off in the oven, no problem! Should be delicious!

Sounds ridiculous but I don't have a blender, will this just cook down if I chop small?

Zest

If you do cut them up small, then you'll just have a lumpier soup really - nothing wrong with that, should still be tasty! My hand blender was just £12 from a store - but that was years ago, not sure how much they are these days. You can have chunky soup - it should be fine!

will let you know, my husband would probably want it topped with mozzarella! We shall see.

Zest

Great, I hope you both enjoy it, and I feel sure a topping of some Mozarella cheese would be delicious, in anycase!

You may also like...