I made up my own recipe - here it is:

1 white onion - chopped

11 carrots - chopped

1 large white potato - chopped

1 litre vegetable stock

Half a pack of fresh coriander

Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Fry the onion gently in some olive oil (or oil of your choice) for a few minutes (approx. 5), then add the chopped carrots and potato and the stock.

Bring to the boil and then simmer for approx. 20 minutes, or until cooked through.

Add half a pack of fresh coriander (chopped) and blend the soup using a blender, until it's the consistency you like.

Serve.

Makes approx. 6 portions, so you can freeze some. I don't add any salt or pepper - because the stock already is salty, and I had it with some bread and butter which is also salty, but you can add some to your own taste and preference.

Zest :-)

11 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, my favourite soup is carrot and coriander, so with a jalapeño roll sounds just perfect and I like perfect...

Your recipe looks just right for me too, so thanks for it and I'll try it. 😊

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

Great, I also love Carrot and Coriander soup - usually I would look for a recipe to follow from a book or online, but I thought I'd just go with my gut this time, and from memory, and it worked out fine! :-) homemaker46 has mentioned adding lentils, which I think is an excellent idea too - I think I'm going to try doing that another time. :-)

You said half a pack of coriander. How much would you say exactly? I have it in a small spice bottle.

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to homemaker46

Hi homemaker46

I used some fresh coriander, which was a pack weighing 20g - so I used half a pack, which equates to 10g of fresh coriander.

As yours is in a small spice jar, I'm presuming you have dried coriander, in which case I would suggest using 1 tablespoon of it - but to be honest I'm not sure how much you should use, so might be worth googling it - I've only used the fresh coriander, not the dried in the soup.

homemaker46
homemaker46
in reply to Zest

Thank you!

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to homemaker46

You are welcome, and I've just had a quick look, and one recipe suggests 3 tablespoons of the dried coriander, have a look here:

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/151...

Hope you enjoy your soup, and that it turns out to be very tasty! :-)

homemaker46
homemaker46
in reply to Zest

That’s helpful. Thanks! 👩🏻‍🍳

Going to try this recipe for our supper tonight yum!

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to tashapope

Hi tashapope

Great, I hope you enjoy it! :-)

OK, made the Carrot and Coriander soup, served with soft hot baguettes, was delicious. My husband used various words to describe it, delicious, fantastic, gorgeous amongst them. Needless to say he finished it. We did a smaller amount than was in recipe. Will be on our regular menu now. marks out of 10 - 20!!

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to tashapope

Wow tashapope - I am so happy to hear that - it's great that you and your husband enjoyed it so much. Really great!

You may also like...