Stir-fry & Salads for Dinner Tonight :-) - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
41,315 members7,465 posts

Stir-fry & Salads for Dinner Tonight :-)

Zest
Zest
10 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I had a Chicken stir-fry (with Soy and Ginger sauce) for dinner tonight, plus some salads - as you can see on my plate, they were various salads. I enjoyed it.

To make my Chicken stir-fry I put some olive oil in a frying pan and sautéed some white onion, and chopped up courgette and spring onion, then added the chopped chicken, and cooked through, and then added some Soy sauce and some pureed ginger.

One of the salads was a shop-bought quinoa one, and I had some chopped tomato, beetroot, and two homemade salads - a Creamy potato salad (I'll pop back with a link to the recipe for that) Here it is:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

and the other salad was some tomato, cucumber and coridander chopped up very small with some red onion (also chopped up very small). I added a few walnuts too, as I love nuts in a salad.

Very happy that the weekend is nearly here, as I love weekends!

Zest :-)

10 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hey this is one gorgeous salad Zest and with a stir fry in ginger and soy sauce, its a lovely healthy meal.

You're like a big kid looking forward to the weekends...LOL...😊

2 likes
Zest
Zest
in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

You're right, I am overly excited about weekends. Iol But I really do like them! :-)

Hope you have a lovely evening.

2 likes
Cockneyblue

This looks lovely Zest, I had chicken on a ‘large’ salad as someone suggested during the week. It was great. I’m going to try this stir fry. Thank you.

2 likes
Zest
Zest
in reply to Cockneyblue

Hi Cockneyblue

Thanks, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your Chicken on a 'large salad'. I hope you also enjoy the stir-fry. It is very tasty.

1 like
Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

Your meal looks really fantastic, Zest! :-) I love mixed nuts for a salad or in a yogurt. The picture turned out great, too.

2 likes
Zest
Zest
in reply to Activity2004

Hi Activity2004

Thanks very much. Yes, mixed nuts for a salad or in a yoghurt, are lovely ways to do salads. Yum!

1 like
G1nny

When you say puréed ginger do you mean ginger root? I would love to eat our meals for a week, would probably change my life! So delicious.

2 likes
Zest
Zest
in reply to G1nny

HI G1nny

You could use grated ginger - straight from the fresh root. But I tend to buy a pack of individualised 'Ginger paste' - then I just use one for my meals, when I think it would be a tasty addition, and it works well in the stif-fry. It's more expensive to buy the paste, but I have found it more cost effective for me personally - as I tend to forget about the ginger root otherwise. However, I was watching a TV programme last night where there was a recommendation to freeze the ginger root and grate it straight from the freezer, so I might try that. However I really like the Ginger paste.

2 likes
G1nny
G1nny
in reply to Zest

I am going to look for ginger paste. Thanks

1 like
Zest
Zest
in reply to G1nny

I am sure there will be a few brands around. The one I used was Bart's, and I liked it because it has 3 individualised sachets of paste, so I found it extremely fresh. But I've seen jars of ginger paste too and tubes of it. I don't know what they are like though. Fresh ginger is amazing - so I hope you will try fresh ginger root too - it is lovely, and freezing it to grate sounds like a way to keep it fresh - I am intending to try that sometime. :-)

1 like

You may also like...