42,833 members7,924 posts

Recipe for Oat Cookies :-)

Zest
Zest

Oat Cookies Recipe

Hi everyone,

I baked these cookies yesterday, and the recipe is here:

verywellfit.com/almond-butt...

I adapted the recipe slightly, in that I didn't grind the linseeds, and I didn't use a food processor to blend the ingredients - I just used a fork to mash up the banana and mix with all the ingredients. I also put in some fresh blueberries (added at the last minute and gently stirred through) as well as the dried cranberries, and I used peanut butter instead of almond butter.

I wish I had spent some time shaping the cookies more - as I thought they would spread out as they baked, but they stayed in pretty much the same shape that the raw ingredients formed - so next time I'll probably flatten them down more and shape them into more rounded shapes.

But they are very tasty - and full of fibre - and I really enjoyed a couple with a cup of coffee this afternoon. Lovely.

I made 15 cookies in total, so I think my portions were a bit smaller than the original recipe portion size.

I will definitely be making them again.

Zest :-)

p.s. The original recipe uses 'American cup' measures, so if you want to use grams or ounces, then use this to help you convert:

"As a measure of weight for dry goods, a cup = 8 ounces = a half-pound = 225 grammes. In American recipes "cups" are frequently used as a measure for both liquids and dry goods - much to the confusion of UK would-be cooks. As a measure of volume for liquids, a cup = 8 fluid ounces = a half-pint = 237 millilitres."

I have a set of American cup measures, so I didn't convert on this occasion.

6 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hey these cookies look like they'll hit the mark Zest, with lots and lots of healthy ingredients so perfect for a snack and with a cuppa, even better... so enjoy. 😊

Zest
Zest
in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry - and I hope you have a lovely afternoon. :-)

Penel
PenelModerator

Looks like a good recipe Zest, I shall have a go at them later.

Zest
Zest
in reply to Penel

Excellent, I think they would have been a bit better if I'd taken more time, and followed the instructions more carefully - but I tend to be a bit 'quick and keen' when making things. :-)

These look amazing!

Zest
Zest
in reply to liraelxo

Hi liraelxo

Thanks. They are really tasty. :-)

You may also like...