Sunny day again 8-): Hi everyone, Last night... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
45,444 members โ€ข 8,296 posts

Sunny day again 8-)

Zest
ZestStar
โ€ข16 Replies

Hi everyone,

Last night I enjoyed a snack - Plain yoghurt with walnuts, blueberries and pumpkin seeds, and a sprinkle of Cinnamon on top. Lovely!

This morning I had my usual Porridge breakfast with nuts, seeds and fruits. A great way to start the day.

It was difficult to sleep last night with the hot weather - I was glad to see they were talking about that on the news this morning, and giving some tips on how to cope in the heat.

An article about that, from the BBC New is here, and is entitled: "How to sleep in Hot Weather":

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-193...

Hope you have a great day.

Zest :-)

16 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Good morning, a great breakfast and snack Zest and I think thats lots of people struggle sleeping its so warm I guess a siesta may be called for...LOL

I worry about wildlife and our garden birds too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

A 'Siesta' may be necessary, I agree with you! :-)

Good morning I had rubbish night sleep. I was a lot pain to with my back I feel really rubbish this morning jus trying think wot to have for breakfast what kind nuts u use for ur breakfast jus need idea I need breakfast which is filling I hav my breakfast I feel hungry not long after hope u all have a lovely I hope nice walk later help boost my mood

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Amie_eve5962

Hi Amie_eve5962

I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult night, and it's horrible that you've got that back pain. I have got a detailed link about how I 'Layer up my breakfast' - so you can see the nuts I use and also the seeds and the fruits in that post, which is here:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

It keeps me full right through till breakfast, and I know it's a lot of ingredients - you don't need to use all of them - some people just have a plain porridge and add one or two things - but I really like to include quite a few.

I hope you enjoy your walk later, and that it helps to boost your mood.

Amie_eve5962
Amie_eve5962
in reply to Zest

Thank u I will have a look thank u for sharing my back does get me down alot Iโ€™m hoping losing the weight will help it massive life style change com doing but Iโ€™m doing for me I want old me I no my back wont get better but I want to reduce pressure and aid to stop it getting worse

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Amie_eve5962

Hi Amie_eve5962

Have a look round the other topics in the Healthy eating forum, as there are some nice meal ideas and if you look at the Porridge topic, you'll see lots of different variations on that theme, as people use different toppings for their porridge.

Good luck with your weight-loss goals, and I hope you're able to manage your back pain ok.

Some of us post photos of our meals, so if you want to get involved in that, we'd love to see your photos. But no pressure - just enjoy the forum, in whatever way suits you best. The NHS weight loss forum is also good as a support for the weight-loss side of things. They have regular weigh-ins, if you like the idea of that.

Oh ok lovely I do that thank u

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Amie_eve5962

:-)

If you want a good laugh have a look at my porridge attempt๐Ÿ˜Š my advice would be NOT TO TRY IT THOUGH

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to louisepeters11

Hi louisepeters11

I'll put a link to your post about your Overnight oats here, so that Amie_eve5962 can find it easily:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Hope that's ok.

However I feel sure your next attempt at it will be much better. :-)

Hidden
Hidden

I never used to have breakfast as the start of my day before going to work was tied up with letting out/feeding my chickens and ducks and walking my dogs. I get up about half an hour earlier nowadays so I can fit some sort of yoghurt or porridge with fruit type thing in before work. Trying to fit healthier snack type things in during the day can be a bit of a mare as I never feel full and I`m a big eater.

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Hidden

Hi Hidden

The great thing about snacks is the fact they're optional - you don't need to have any, if you find your meals satisfy you - I just enjoy the yoghurt snack occasionally - as and when I feel I need it. It often depends on how much exercise I've been doing too.

I hope you're having an enjoyable day.

Thanks for the helpful link ๐Ÿ™‚

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Rousler

Hi Rousler

I'm glad you found it helpful - the forecast shows it's getting hotter here.

Iโ€™m looking forward to a good thunderstorm, some rain and fresher days!๐Ÿค“

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Rousler

Yes, it would be good to have some rain. :-)

You may also like...