Potato Salad Recipe :-): Hi everyone, I saw a... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
42,089 members β€’ 7,688 posts

Potato Salad Recipe :-)

Zest
Zest
β€’8 Replies

Hi everyone,

I saw a recipe today for "Creamy Potato Salad" in a magazine (called 'For Vegetarians: Veggie' - June 2018 edition), and I've just made some - and have put it in the fridge to ensure the flavours 'mingle' which was the advice they gave in the magazine. I didn't have all the ingredients - i.e. I was missing the pickled cucumber - but I had everything else - and I've put my amendments in brackets where what I did differed from the original recipe.

The magazine mentioned that the recipe was from a book called 'ScandiKitchen Summer' by Bronte Aurell - so I thought I'd better mention that too.

Here's the recipe:

Serves 4 as a side

Ready in 10 mins (plus refridgeration time)

500-600g cooked skin-on new potatoes, cold and cut into bite-sized pieces

For the Creamy dressing:

75g Greek/plain Greek-style yoghurt

75g mayonnaise (I just put in a generous squirt rather than weighing this out)

1 tsp Dijon mustard (I used wholegrain mustard)

4 spring onions, sliced

50g chopped pickled cucumber (I didn't have any of this)

6-7 radishes, sliced

Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (I omitted the salt)

1. Mix everything together and leave in the fridge for a few hours for the flavours to mingle before serving. If you need more zing, add pickle juice or lemon juice.

So, mine is in the fridge right now, so hopefully those flavours are mingling, and I will be having some of this hopefully delicious potato salad with my evening meal later. :-)

I will post my meal later, and will let you know how it tastes.

Zest :-)

p.s. Here is the final Salad that I enjoyed:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

It was 'scrumptious'! :-)

8 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest I like the sound of this and I like the sound of extra zing so thanks for sharing this scrummy recipe, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it later and I like the sound of the flavours mingling... 😊

Zest
Zest
in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry

I've had my salad, and I really enjoyed the Creamy Potato salad - it is such a great flavour - I will definitely be making it again, and I am glad to have a couple of portions for tomorrow - so me and my hubby can enjoy it with another meal. Yum!

That looks really good, especially with the bit sized potatoes.

Zest
Zest
in reply to Greyone

Hi Greyone

I was surprised by how flavoursome it is - I really enjoyed it. I only used a squirt of mayonnaise, as I thought that 75g of mayo was quite a lot, and I used Skyr yoghurt (which is quite a high protein yoghurt) and it was really great - especially with the wholegrain mustard. My hubby doesn't like radishes that much, but in the salad he said they tasted very nice. :-)

Greyone
Greyone
in reply to Zest

Thanks for the yoghurt tip, i'll try that or Alpro. I'm not a mustard person though so the yoghurt will make it nice and chewy. Thx.

Zest
Zest
in reply to Greyone

There was a special offer in Waitrose last week for Skyr - it was a lot cheaper than normal, so I bulk bought a few... :-)

Thank you Zest, will definitely be giving this one a try :)

Zest
Zest
in reply to bunty65

Hi bunty65

Great! I hope you enjoy it. :-)

You may also like...