Overnight Oats for Breakfast today :-) - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
45,466 members8,223 posts

Overnight Oats for Breakfast today :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

It's the weekend!

I prepared some 'overnight oats' for my breakfast - and really enjoyed it. The calories were 442 in total, and it was extremely 'filling' - infact I felt fairly 'full' when I'd eaten just half the bowl, so really I could have stopped at 221 calories, but I would like to keep going till lunchtime before I eat again, so I ate the whole bowl.

My overnight oats contain: 30g porridge oats, 120g Greek style yoghurt, 2 strawberries, handful of blueberries, pumpkin seeds, linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, almond flakes, walnuts and 2 brazil nuts. A sprinkle of cinnamon, 1 tsp inulin, and half a scoop of Belgian chocolate flavoured protein powder.

I plan to do a walk today - and the sun is shining, so another lovely day.

Wishing you a great weekend. What have you had for your breakfast today?

Zest :-)

2 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Good morning Zest, soaking oats overnight is a great way to prepare them in my opinion, as it makes them softer plumper and I think easier to digest and with the extra's of fruit nuts and seeds a very healthy brekkie... I had egg on toast with baby plum toms and button chestnut mushrooms, my usual LOL.

I hope that you have a great weekend too. 😊

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry - I did enjoy it. :-) Glad to hear you had a lovely breakfast too - and here's to a great weekend!

Zest 8-)

You may also like...