Healthy Eating
35,587 members5,513 posts

Breakfast on the Weekend :-)

Hi everyone,

It's the weekend, and I was considering a different breakfast - maybe eggs or something else, but in the end I chose my 'favourite' - which is Porridge, with Nuts, Seeds and Fruit.

How have you started your day today?

Zest :-)

15 Replies
oldestnewest

hey! beautiful view! wow.

3 likes

Thanks, I loved the way the sun was reflecting off the water. :-)

1 like

Good morning Zest, maybe the sun has got to you if you were considering not having porridge LOL...

Your porridge looks really healthy with all that added goodness, so perfect for you methinks.

I had my fave breakfast of poached eggs on toast with baked vine tom and crispy baby mushrooms after having a pot of tea first thing, which's a lovely to way to start the day in my book...😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry

Your breakfast sounds wonderful, I love poached eggs (my favourite way to have them) - and of course the Vine tomato - yummy! Great way to start the day, and glad you enjoyed it.

1 like

I had overnight oats with pomegranate seeds and raspberries.

It's hard to get away from oats, either soaked or porridged, they are so simple and filling :)

You are so lucky to have a view like that

1 like

Hi benwl

Your Overnight oats sounds great. I bet they were tasty. :-) I love raspberries, I must buy some!

Yes, I am very lucky to have such lovely views so close by. I appreciate them every day.

very nice Zest another healthy breakfast. I also love porridge i prefer it at night before bed. im eating lots of fruit at the moment thats one thing i love about summer there is always lots of different ripe fruit around. i got a lot of stuff from sainsburys that had the yellow sticker on it as there are 5 supermarkets on the one street where i live and im sure this sainsburys will close down after the festival as there is not many people shopping in it. its right next to 2 tesco's and a scotmid and lidl, which is always packed but i did notice that lidl is getting more expensive. has anyone else noticed this. love grace xoxo

2 likes

Hi Grace,

We don't have a Lidl on the island, so I can't shop in there. Maybe someone else will see your comment and share their experience.

I tend to shop in the Coop, Iceland and also Waitrose. Plus M&S as well - those are my main shops - but I like to try the 'hedge veg' here - as there is always plenty of that, and of course it's all locally grown and fresh.

Great that you're enjoying your porridge, and also all those delicious fruits. Yum!

Zest :-) xxx

1 like

i wondered what the hedge veg was so i looked it up and watched a video on it in guernsey where you see it all. what a great place.

1 like

Fantastic! Glad you were able to find details about it. :-)

Zest :-) xx

1 like

joined you group some time ago a quick glance through all email sent some inspirational moments lifted my spirit at my most darkess hour my husband home ill he has now past away and is at peace .

thanks to all

i have loved reading your comments what you eaten and the lovely pictures sent of your location

once we have said are goodbyes to him

i can get back on track to eating more healthy with help and inspiration from you all

susanne

1 like

HI Susanne,

My sincere condolences to you on your husband's passing.

It's great that you've joined the Healthy eating forum, and that you have found the posts and comments positive - and that they have helped to lift your spirits in some of your darker hours - that is good to know.

I hope that you'll enjoy participating here - and that you are able to enjoy your foods and most of all, that you are ok, and that you have some support and positive things going forward.

Take care,

It does nt matter how hard i try i just cannot face breakfast. I really love my morning coffee and iv started to snack on fruit mid morning which is a huge step. Will this affect my weight loss ? Is is ok to save my breakfast calories for use on other meals throughout the day ?

1 like

Hi louisepeters11

It doesn't matter if you don't have breakfast - if you can't tolerate it, or don't like to have it, that's fine - and distributing your calories throughout the remainder of the day should be absolutely fine, so just eat meals that you find appetising and space them as you want to.

Infact, there are many people who like to do intermittent fasting where they regularly don't have food till mid-morning or even lunchtime, and having that 'fasting window' from the evening meal through till then can be really positive and beneficial.

I try not to eat after about 6.30pm, and then have my breakfast at about 7.30am, so I also try to have a long window in the evening and overnight when I'm not consuming food.

Wishing you a great week.

Thank you

1 like

You may also like...