Healthy Eating
31,299 members4,289 posts

Dinner out tonight :-)

Dinner out tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

I had dinner out this evening in an Italian restaurant, and I am not sure that it's necessarily the healthiest of meals, but I did enjoy it. My starter was actually really big, and in retrospect I could have shared it - but my friend had the exact same thing! We didn't realise how large it would be - it's a Seafood Salad. It was tasty.

The main is a Goat's Cheese, Aubergine, Courgette and Tomato Pizza - which we did share - but even having half a pizza was a LOT of pizza - so I've eaten quite a few calories tonight.

I am going to try to estimate them - as I am trying to calorie count, so if anyone has any ideas how many calories are in the meal - and want to hazard a guess, then do say. I'd be interested to hear what you think. I will be calculating it up tomorrow.

Zest :-)

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks like you had a lovely night out with your friend and a great meal too. Its not all that much Zest as lots of it is rocket salad and sea food is healthy and doesnt always fill us up.I have had a couple of pizza's this week i only eat half at time and it doesnt really fill me up and then i have the other half. you eat lots of fruit and soups and healthy food so it wont take long to work this off. . Its good to enjoy ourself now and again. thanks for sharing your night out meal with us. love grace xoxo 😀

2 likes

Hi Grace,

Thanks - you're right, the starter wasn't that calorific really - it was mainly seafood and rocket salad, and the marinade was delicious - very vinegary, which I like.

The pizza tasted particularly good - I like the creamy goat's cheese flavour and the tomatoes were particularly flavoursome.

Zest :-) xxx

2 likes

Meh ... it's a night out with friends, it's not really the right moment to worry about your calories! OK, fine, if it's McDonalds you've got an excuse to just have the salad, but when the food is that good, well, you just eat it, don't you? :)

I've noticed that as long as these events are quite rare, I can pig out on as much fattening food as I want and it makes no difference whatsoever.

Life is there to be enjoyed, not to be afraid of.

3 likes

Hi TheAwfulToad

Thanks - I appreciate your comments, and life is for living, that's for sure!

1 like

Hi Zest, this all looks a lovely spread to me and I personally wouldn't worry about the calorie count after the meal the same as I wouldn't count my money afterwards.

Whats important in my book is that you enjoyed it and whats really great is there's a lot of nutrition there...so a lovely choice from the menu in my opinion...😊

3 likes

Hi Jerry

Yes, I definitely enjoyed it, and thinking back on it, I think it was a nutritious meal. I think I had been taken aback by the sheer size of the starter - it was much bigger than I had anticipated it would be.

1 like

Looks lovely..and I can see it was really tastey.

We had I bit of a chance in how and what we eat now in our evening meals.

We eat out every night in our favourite restaurant..the food is great, and I don't see us home cooking anytime in the near future.

Never seen my wife and children happier 😁

2 likes

Hi happycook1

Thanks - it was tasty. Glad you're enjoying your favourite restaurant so much, sounds like it's a wonderful place! Really glad your wife and children, plus yourself, are happy. :-)

1 like

Too many is the short answer I’m afraid.

1 like

Hi Hyokin

I was ok about it, as my entire calories for that day were 2,022, and that's fine for me - I'm 6 feet 1 inch tall and quite active.

Thanks for your reply, and I hope you have a great day. The meal I pictured was about 900 calories (I estimated) so you're right - it is a lot in one meal.

You may also like...