Healthy Eating
36,227 members5,731 posts

My Exercise Goals & Pledges for this week :-)

Hi everyone,

Last week I set myself these goals:

So, my goals and pledges for this week are:

1) Try to do two outdoor runs - hopefully of 5km distance per run. Managed to do 1 run of approx. 6km.

2) Do some rowing on the rowing machine (1km every other day at least) Rowed 3 times, each time for 1,000 metres, average time per row = 5 mins 4 secs.

3) Achieve 10,000 steps per day and achieve some 'brisk walking' within that. Achieved 73,727 steps over the week, which is an average of 10,532 steps per day.

4) Eat some healthy meals - reducing my butter consumption (as I tend to be overly lavish with butter otherwise). Yes, I did reduce my butter consumption.

5) Continue my Strength exercises - 20 squats and 20 press-ups in the morning, and then repeat the same in the afternoon/evening. Didn't manage to do this every day - sometimes I only did one set - but keen to keep this going.

6) Allow a rest-day for exercise. Yes, Monday was my rest-day last week.

New Goals for this week:

Going to stick to the same goals as last week.

My photo shows my Fitbit data, and also my Kettlebell and weights - and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, which I hope to enjoy during the course of the week, in some healthy meals.

If you want to join me in pledging - please do - or do your own thread - there's a Topic called 'HE and Exercise' - which stands for 'Healthy Eating and Exercise' so you can add to that topic, and join us if you want to! Jerry is already enjoying regular exercise there, and sharing his stats, which is great!

Zest :-)

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, well done for averaging more than 10K steps everyday and at least you had one run.

I wouldn't give yourself a hard time over eating healthy meals as you set a fantastic example in my opinion. Just look at all that lovely fruit and veg you have there...

I exercise regularly as a few years ago I had inflamed kidneys which wiped me out and afterwards I felt weak, so made goals to regain my health/wellbeing and bought some weights and use them every morning plus I walk a lot and cycle regularly.

So good luck with your pledges and they're attainable and sustainable which's also important.

And good for you Zest for making an effort...😊

1 like

Hi Jerry

Thanks so much for the encouragement - it is much appreciated! :-)

Also fantastic to hear how you've turned your health around, after your reduced energy from the inflamed kidneys - it's great that you're enjoying your activities. I feel much better for exercising regularly too. :-)

1 like

Hi Hidden

I appreciate your encouragement, thank you. :-)

You may also like...