Healthy Eating
34,765 members5,244 posts

Setting myself some Goals for this week :-)

Hi everyone,

I've decided to set myself some goals today. I am posting a photo of my Fitbit data from last week - and also my breakfast (porridge with nuts, seeds and fruits).

This week, I hope to:

1) Try to do at least 10,000 steps each day.

2) Increase my Squats and Press-ups - from 30 per day, to 40 per day - doing 20 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon or evening.

3) Reduce my butter consumption, as I tend to be overly liberal with it.

4) Try to do a new recipe this week - at least one.

5) Incorporate some rowing

6) Do 2 runs of a distance of 5kms per run.

I will report back next week to see how I've done. I hope to achieve all these goals.

Weight goal: I lost 0.75 pounds last week, which is 0.34kg and I lost half an inch off my waist and 1 inch off my hips. This week I am aiming to lose between 0.5 pound and 1 pound ideally. Any loss would be great! My aim is to get to 13 stone 7 pound, and today I am 13 stone 11 pounds. (I am 6 feet 1 inch tall).

If you would like to join me in setting some goals for this week, you are welcome to - or maybe start a thread of your own, as it is very motivating to put a goal up publicly - it helps me to stick to it if I am pledging in this way.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Zest :-)

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Good morning Zest, a great healthy breakfast as usual, so good luck with your pledges you usually exceed them and you have a fabulous environment for walking...😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry

Thanks so much for your encouraging reply - and yes, I am very lucky to have so many beautiful places to walk nearby. I will try to make the most of them.

Hope you have a really good day 8-)

2 likes

Hello - I’m new to this, but like the idea of setting goals. I need to lose about two stone to bring me back to a healthy weight. I’m on week 7 of C25K but I need to make major changes to my diet. This week I will try to stop snacking (Mon - Fri) & will

1 like

Hi QueenTea

Brilliant that you're pledging some goals, and they sound really good. I would like to wish you success with them, and am glad you're joining me in some pledges.

Fantastic that you're on Week 7 of C25K - I hope you're enjoying it. I do a bit of jogging/running - and enjoy being part of a HU based club called 'Tortoise & Hare Club' - it's on the NHS weight loss forum, so do have a look if you are interested in joining us. We just report back on our running each week.

Also, the NHS weight loss forum is great for weekly weigh-ins (all free) and support, so might be worth a look, if you've not seen it already.

Wishing you a great week. I am wondering if you meant to write more - as your post looks as if it has finished whilst you were writing it...

Yes I did - not sure what happened! Thank you for your good wishes - your goals inspired me. I’m going to try & cut out the sweet stuff during the working week. The weekly weigh- ins sound like a good idea - thanks for the link. Have a good week.

1 like

Great! Here is a link to the NHS weight loss forum - they have a choice of days to weigh-in, so you can pick which one would work best for you:

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

I'll look forward to hearing how you get on with cutting out the sweet stuff during the working week - that sounds like a great plan. You need to work out what will work best for you - and goal planning is a personal thing - but it's good to share our aims, and encourage each other.

Here's to a great week.

Thanks, Zest - I can't seem to find the weigh-in details? I've tried on my phone and on my desk top, but no luck. No real rush as I'm intending to weigh myself at the end of the month, but would be helpful to actually log it.

So far today, I've managed to do strength and flex podcast 2 before work and had scrambled eggs with feta, spinach and chilli. I am determined to stay away from the chocolate and am feeling nice and positive.

Hope your day goes well.

Thanks

Loraine

1 like

Hi Lorraine,

Have a look at this link, as it's a Welcome Newbies information link from NHS weight loss forum - so you need to join that forum to read it:

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

It explains about all the weigh-in groups and other supportive options that go on in that forum.

Great to hear you've managed to do your Strength and Flex podcast 2 before work and your breakfast sounds delicious! Glad you're feeling nice and positive, that's a great start to your week.

I've done this morning's Squats and Press-ups - and my day is going ok so far, thanks. :-)

Hi Zest

Well thats our weekend away over. Did have fish and chips but only small chips for me. Cooked breakfast both mornings but all grilled and a poached egg for me.

The only naughty but nice was a freshly made scone with jam and cream. But we did walk over 40,000 steps over the weekend.

Did a Nordic walk this morning.

Im nursing a painful shoulder at the moment just had a sports massage so no pilates as i agrivated it trying to do the plank. I have a sports massage once a month.

My goal is not to eat anything in the lounge at night except drinks. So no snacking after our evening meal.

Good luck on your goal.

Just to let you know the hairy dieters cookbook is now out. Not looked through it properly as its on my kindle.

1 like

Hi SMITHYC

Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend away, and that you're back safely. Sounds like a lovely weekend! Well done for walking over 40,000 steps - that equates to 30kms! A long way!

Sorry to hear your shoulder is painful though - hope you recuperate soon.

I also try not to eat anything (except drinks) after my evening meal - although I must admit sometimes I have a Greek style yoghurt and nuts and seeds snack... Good luck with your goal not to eat anything this evening.

I will have a look at the Hairy Dieter cook book, thanks for the reminder that it's out. :-)

Wishing you an excellent week.

Thanks Zest

Ive got this week off work so hope to get some extra Nordic walking in.

Have a great week.

Thanks for all your encouragement😀

1 like

You too, and have a lovely week off - enjoy that extra Nordic Walking! :-)

Updating on goals (4.06.18)

Last week, I hoped to:

1) Try to do at least 10,000 steps each day. I managed to do this every day except Tuesday. :-)

2) Increase my Squats and Press-ups - from 30 per day, to 40 per day - doing 20 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon or evening. Yes, I did this on 5 out of 7 days.

3) Reduce my butter consumption, as I tend to be overly liberal with it. Yea, I reduced the amount of butter I consumed.

4) Try to do a new recipe this week - at least one. I didn't manage to do this.

5) Incorporate some rowing I rowed on 4 days - each time did 1,000 metres - my times varied from the slowest being 5 minutes 12 seconds and the fastest being 4 minutes 55 seconds. :-)

6) Do 2 runs of a distance of 5kms per run. Yes, I managed 1 run of 5km - going relatively quickly - and the second run of 5km was more of a 'Galloway run' - i.e. some running and some walking.

Wow zest you go!!! Wonderful determination 😀👍

1 like

Thanks so much Crochethook

You may also like...