Yoghurt for Breakfast Today :-): Hi everyone... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,622 members9,870 posts

Yoghurt for Breakfast Today :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

Today I've enjoyed a bowl of Greek-style yoghurt, with some mixed nuts, seeds and dried apricots. It was really delicious.

What have you had for your breakfast today?

Zest :-)

11 Replies

Good morning Zest, what a healthy breakfast with all this walking you must be losing weight, so good for you as you set a great example for healthy eating and exercise.

I had my favourite a poached egg on my gf toast with lots of baby toms and button chestnut mushrooms and the toms and mushrooms weigh between 120 and 150g so I'm having between 1.5 and 2 portions of veg with my brekky.

Enjoy your day now. 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

Thanks Hidden - your Poached egg and GF Toast, plus those lovely baby toms and mushrooms - Yum!

SMITHYC profile image
SMITHYCHealth Champion

Hi Zest

I have had homemade porridge with a few nuts. And a small green tea decaf with a teaspoon of local honey in it.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to SMITHYC

Hi SMITHYC

Your breakfast sounds delicious! Homemade porridge is my absolute favourite breakfast. Yum!

SMITHYC profile image
SMITHYCHealth Champion

I have that tues-thurs when i am at work. Got the day off today so getting an extra Nordic walk in with my friend.

Zest have you any tips for homemade cake that does not have too many calories in.

My husband and i usually have coffee and cake as an afternoon treat on a Saturday

Zest profile image

This is my homemade cake recipe, and the calories are worked out too - so you can see whether you think it might be right for you or not - you could always reduce the calories further by missing out some of the ingredients - e.g. don't include the glace cherries as they will be very sugary - but I usually do have them in mine...

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Enjoy your Nordic walk with your friend!

Zest profile image

You could also have a look through this post by Hidden as there are some ideas there for cakes and other treats that people enjoy:

Debs' Jamaican Cake is really good - I've tried it, and it is lovely.

Here is the recipe for it:

Bit late on the breakfast post but..... Yoghurt here too, Zest. I’ve tried lots of different sorts, dairy and non-dairy and finally found a lactose-free dairy yoghurt that works for me. Combined it with home made oat and buckwheat flake granola, plus a few blueberries. Then off to Pilates.

The weather is lovely now, so will spend time in in the garden this afternoon. Hope you’re having a good day.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Penel

Hi Penel

Fantastic that you've found a lactose-free dairy yoghurt that works for you. Your breakfast sounds great. I hope you enjoyed your Pilates session.

Yes, I'm enjoying my day so far, thanks. The weather is a bit misty this afternoon, but still nice.

good morning! can I just start off by saying that looks absolutely yummy! good job. I hope you enjoyed it!

good day to you! peace and love.

-aly

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to lil_avocado

Hi Aly,

Thank you so much, hope you're having a great day yourself.

You may also like...