Lunch out today: Blue Cheese, Black Grape &... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

49,956 members9,190 posts

Lunch out today: Blue Cheese, Black Grape & Poached Pear Salad :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

My lunch today was a Blue Cheese, Black Grape & Poached Pear salad with some Candied Pecans. It was very tasty. I also admired the beautiful flowers around and about. A blaze of colour. :-)

Zest :-)

16 Replies

your lunch looks and sounds very delicious Zest, im not sure about blue cheese is that the ones they put the wires through to cause the blue colour im sure i read about that some years ago. The flowers are so beautiful, the colours are magnificent. Those tulips are such a lovely colour or red. really cheerful photo. thanks for posting Zest. xoxo 😀

Zest
ZestStar in reply to grace111

Hi Grace,

Thank you. I don't know how they make the 'Blue Cheese' - I might have a look now you've mentioned that - and yes, the tulips were so vibrant and red. Lovely. :-)

Hope you're having a great day.

Zest :-) xx

grace111
grace111 in reply to Zest

I HEARD AT SCHOOL I THINK I GOT THIS en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danis... HOPE IT HELPS.as i couldnt find anything

Zest
ZestStar in reply to grace111

Thanks so much for this information, Grace, it's interesting.

Poached pairs are heaven :)

Zest
ZestStar in reply to benwl

Hi benwl,

Definitely! :-)

Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, I love the sound of the poached pear salad, blue cheese is made by adding a mould grown on bread. (I know because I can't eat it LOL)

The flowers look fabulous and someones gone to a lot of effort to achieve that and I'm glad that you're enjoying your day. 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for explaining how the Blue cheese is made - interesting! :-)

Yes, the flowers are beautiful - and someone has gone to quite some effort to create that lovely display. I appreciate the fact they did that.

Zest
ZestStar

Hi Hidden,

Thanks! I'm not sure if I've had the 'Bosc Pears' before or not. I don't know what the pears were in my salad, but they were poached in red wine, and very tasty. Yum!

Zest
ZestStar

Hi Hidden,

What do you mean? I'm not sure what you're asking me.

Fran182716
Fran182716Prediabetic

Beautiful flowers Zest and the food sounds lovely, I really enjoy fruit and cheese combinations 😀

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Fran182716

Thanks Fran, yes, Fruit and Cheese do go particularly well together, don't they. :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Thanks Hidden - I'll keep a look out for it.

Wow, that sounds lovely, I could just eat that, where did you go that served that meal? Just wondering if it’s in reach when we are out and about.

Gorgeous tulips, we have two tubs of white and pink tulips just under our kitchen window, they make me smile every time I see them : )

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Visitingcat

Hi Visitingcat,

I am in Guernsey in the Channel Islands, so it might be a bit far for you to go for that lunch. Not sure where you are.

How nice that you have the White and Pink Tulips to see every day - I love seeing flowers and they do brighten up a day.

Hope you have a really good day.

Yes, a bit far from the North West lol, I love a nice unusual salad, candied pecans oooh : )

You may also like...