Healthy Eating
29,392 members3,770 posts

Meatballs & Oven Baked Chips tonight :-)

Meatballs & Oven Baked Chips tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

My meal tonight was some Meatballs in sauce (it is a pre-packed product, and it was being sold very cheap due to it being on it's use-by date - and I bought it as I like a bargain, and I also know my hubby loves meatballs occasionally) and I baked some New Potato chips (homemade) to have alongside. 5 minutes in the microwave and then 25 mins baking in the oven, and they were very tasty.

I've also had a walk today - and took a couple of photos of the flowers I saw on my route - one being the beautiful hedge rows, and the second some planted flowers - both very pretty.

Zest :-)

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Little_toad,

Thanks! I was pleased with how the chips turned out. They were very tasty. :-)

Great to hear you've planted some bulbs and that they've come through.

Enjoy your evening.

2 likes

Your meal looks delicious 😋 I love a bargain as well my hubby does most of the shopping and he's great at getting bargains, he seems to know when Sainsbury's have some good one's and icelands fresh and frozen have a lot of sell by bargains all you have to do is freeze them, I hope you are well and enjoying your evening

Rosie 😊 xx

2 likes

Hi Rosie,

Thank you! It was very tasty and a great bargain. :-)

I'm just going to sleep now, so night night. Sleep tight. :-) Hope you've had a really good day.

Zest :-) xx

2 likes

Sounds yummy

1 like

when recovering from been ill, things like trees and flowers seem to look even more beautiful then before i was ill.

meat balls look lovely, bargains seem to taste better too. ☺

2 likes

You're right, it seems to enhance all experiences really - thanks for reminding me of that. I am feeling much happier since recovering. :-)

1 like

Hi zest sounds great will try it out

1 like

Hi Stacy81,

Hope you have a great week. Thanks for your reply. :-)

Your very welcome zest

Hi Zest, 👩‍🍳 bargains are great and its the ingredients that make or break ready meals so with your home baked new potato chips a great meal and if this keeps Mr Zest happy you're onto a winner.

I love your photo's of flowers as it shows spring has sprung and do I see wild garlic in your hedgerow? where I go on my bike is through a copse thats is full of wild garlic and the smell when it flowers.

Enjoy your day now. 😊

1 like

HI Jerry,

Thanks, we both enjoyed that meal very much.

Yes, I think you spotted some wild garlic in the hedgerow, very observant! :-) I know what you mean about that garlicky smell - it's quite ok though - I like garlic!

Hope you're enjoying your day.

1 like

Great 😊Looks very delicious Zest..

1 like

Thanks avoid-sugar - I enjoyed it.

1 like

Really like your idea of softening the chips 1st by micro, I do this with a baked potato and it's a pity my logic didn't see fit to pass it over to the chip idea! It looks scrummy all of it!

1 like

Thanks HellyLlewelly - yes, I do the same thing with baked potatoes - they also work well that way. :-)

Hope you're enjoying your week, and thanks for your reply. :-)

1 like

I am stealing your tip! Thank you and yes mid week is here, happy hump day Zest!

1 like

Thanks HellyLlewelly - enjoy your day! :-)

1 like

These are great, Zest! Thank you for sharing this with everyone.

2 likes

Thanks Activity2004,

They were very tasty.

2 likes

Fantastic!😀👍

2 likes

You may also like...