Healthy Eating
32,739 members4,650 posts

Hot Cross Bun & Primroses :-)

Hot Cross Bun & Primroses  :-)

Hi everyone,

I have bought some Hot Cross Buns this year - and just had this one with a cup of coffee. Mine had blueberries in it. It was really nice, but I know it had 13.2g sugar in it (per 65g bun).

Here is a nice link to some Hot Cross bun recipes, and I am going to pin this post so that next year I can hopefully try out some of the recipes - and bake my own. :-)

womenshealthmag.co.uk/nutri...

However, I enjoyed the one I had today - and I am not having many other Easter treats - previous Easters have been far worse - I've eaten loads of very sugary chocolate in the past - but this year I am just enjoying a few extras.

Hope you are enjoying your day.

I've been for a walk and I photographed some lovely primroses growing wild. Signs of Spring. Very nice.

Zest :-)

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, your hot cross bun looks really good and toasted to perfection, the primroses look pretty as well and todays felt like springs in the air, for how long...☔️

On the weather forecast today they showed a photo of an aeroplane war memorial in Guernsey and it looked impressive.

I'm glad that you're enjoying Easter without having to eat sugary food, because we are what eat and I love fruit cake...😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Thanks. :-) Nice that you saw that Guernsey photo today - on the weather forecast.

Yes, Easter is good so far thanks, and I also love fruit cake, as you know. :-)

1 like

Well done you for cutting down on chocolate. At this time of year its very hard to resist. I can't help snagging a bargain when it comes to reduced eggs but once I've bought them I don't feel like eating them.. that is, until they're opened! I made my own hot crossed buns following one of Mary Berry's recipes and they came out at about 237 per bun which I don't think is too bad. I did use caster sugar this time instead of Xylitol so if you use that, it does reduce the calories a small amount - still healthier than shop bought ones.

1 like

Hi justlikejack9,

You're right, there are so many temptations around at Easter. Wow, exciting to hear you made your own Hot Cross Buns - I am hoping to do that next year - I've never made them before, so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Hope you've had an enjoyable Easter so far.

You may also like...