Breakfast & Interesting Plant seen out on a... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,622 members9,870 posts

Breakfast & Interesting Plant seen out on a Walk :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I had my breakfast and put fruit on it, but forgot to add the nuts. Then today, I had nuts, but had run out of fruits (except for dried apricots), so my breakfasts felt very different, even though they were both porridge ones. I prefer to add both - and so today I am going to the supermarket later to stock up on fruit and also nuts and seeds.

I saw a really interesting plant yesterday on my walk - so I photographed it - and it was bearing fruit - just wanted to share that with you. Does anyone know what it is called? :-) N.B. I have got 'blueberries' on my breakfast, and NOT the berries from that plant. Just wanted to say that. I suddenly thought, they look really similar...!

What did you have for your breakfast today? Are you planning anything special for the weekend - in terms of food? I'm wondering about Kippers as a breakfast choice - not had those for a long time, but I do really like Kippers. :-)

Zest :-)

10 Replies

Sorry not sure of the berry plant. Most poisonous ones are well known, and I don't think this is one of them.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to andyswarbs

Thanks Andy. :-)

Hi Zest, this is all very healthy and your breakfasts do look just so different and I agree that fruit and nuts really compliment one another. But they're both really good and healthy.

Looks like a really pretty walk as well and if this is a quiz about the plant...pass...LOL 😊

I had egg on toast with lots of toms and button mushrooms and then went out for a 30Km bike ride as its sunny here now.

Enjoy your kippers and your weekend. 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

Thanks Hidden - I am not sure if I'll get kippers, but I am considering it. :-) Your breakfast sounds lovely. Wow, a 30km bike ride too - that's really great.

Hi Zest

Oh how I love porridge with nuts and fruit and also made using coconut milk. I did my HITT training on the bike, physio stretches, weights, stomach exercises using a roller and planks and then had my breakfast. I had, you've guessed it, porridge for breakfast with raisins, almonds and a sliced banana with organic milk and water. Breakfast has got to be my favourite meal of the day and even better when you don't have so many dishes lol.

Alicia :) x

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

Hi Alicia,

Yay, you enjoyed Porridge too - I like the sound of your additions - and I agree that breakfast is such an enjoyable start to the day.

Great that you did your HIIT training today - that sounds really great.

in reply to Zest

Hi Zest

Porridge is my favourite meal of the day, love it, and it doesn't take much thought either.

Did the HIIT training again today but won't be doing it tomorrow as I'm joining my daughter, son in law, granddaughters, my son in law's dad and his girlfriend on an Easter Egg hunt. :)

Alicia :)

You can try using your photo of the plant to identify it using iNaturalist (iOS, Android, or web). It’s magical and has worked great for me!

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

Thanks for that tip, Hidden - I will give that a go. :-) Just cooking my evening meal just now, but will pop back later and try it out.

Looks like a Fatsia Japonica, or False Castor Oil plant. They have beautiful foliage and those small fruits, proceeded by small flowers. Don’t think they’re edible!!

You may also like...