Healthy Eating
29,540 members3,837 posts

Meals out :-)

Meals out :-)

Hi everyone,

I am posting a photo of my meal I had in a restaurant last week - which was a 2 course set meal. I had a mid afternoon snack, so that I didn't end up 'ravenous' by the time I came to eat - as I usually eat fairly early at home, so when I'm out, I usually eat later.

The snack I had was a 'yoghurt snack' and it is here, if you want to see it:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

So, for my evening meal out, I chose a starter of Minted Pea and Watercress Soup with bread and butter, and the Main was some Lamb Cutlets with mashed potato and garnish. I also had a small glass of red wine. I think I chose relatively well - but I was glad that I had a starter that was full of veggies (peas and watercress), as the main didn't have any vegetables except some pea-shoots and a cherry tomato! I was disappointed by the lack of vegetables that were served.

It's a rainy day today - I've been up fairly early, and made some soup - which is a Curried Chicken and Vegetable soup, and it's cooking in the slow-cooker at this very minute - so should be ready for lunch later. I've bought some fresh bread from the local bakery, to have alongside it. I'm looking forward to it.

Not sure I'll be going out for a walk today - as it's so rainy, so I am hoping to do some exercise indoors instead - maybe the rowing machine, and maybe a DVD for core strengthening. I'll see how I feel...!

Hope you have a really great weekend.

Zest :-)

8 Replies
oldestnewest

looks and sounds absolutely lovely and theres no you enjoyed it very much. good for you 😊

1 like

Thanks Hidden - I did enjoy the evening very much. :-)

1 like

Lovely..😋Zest..Soup to keep warm..It’s snowing heavily over here..❄️❄️

1 like

Wow, avoid-sugar - I hope you are ok with all that snow. Keep safe and warm if you can. :-)

1 like

Thank u Zest.I will & not going out today..😊

1 like

:-)

Hi Zest, a smashing meal so I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I especially like the sound of the soup but love pea soup.

I like the sound your curried soup too and just right this weather, we've had snow with a lot more to come and I've been out in it so the heatings on now and its roasty toasty here...😊

And enjoy your weekend and curried soup. 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

The Curried soup is filling the house with some amazing aromas....! I am looking forward to having it later.

Glad you're back safe and sound after being out in the snow, and enjoy being Roasty Toasty, and wishing you an excellent weekend.

1 like

You may also like...