Healthy Eating
32,756 members4,662 posts

Breakfast today :-)

Breakfast today :-)

Hi everyone,

I often have Porridge for breakfast, and top it with various nuts, seeds and fruits - depending on what I have available at the time. Today I have put on some strawberries, blueberries, chopped dried apricots, chia seeds, brown linseeds, pumpkin seeds, flaked almonds and 4 whole almonds. I also stir some chocolate flavoured whey protein powder in it (incase anyone is wondering why it is a slightly brown colour!) and I sprinkle Cinnamon powder on top.

Two questions I'd like you to consider:

What did you have for breakfast today?

If you have porridge, then what do you put on top of it?

Wishing everyone a great day.

Zest :-)

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Hiya, today I had NO banana pancakes (sad face) two dry fried eggs, some salmon, a hand-full of tomatoes, a hand-full of mushrooms and half an avocado.

I don't eat grains but I make porridge for my wife and one of my daughters which has honey, a pinch of salt, a lid-full of vanilla extract and some cinnamon added to it while it's cooking. I'd put some fruit and nuts on top for my daughter but they have to be on a separate plate, not touching each other! ( she's 9 )

3 likes

Hi mdr1000,

Your breakfast sounds scrumptious! :-) I like the addition to the porridge that you make for your wife and one of your daughters - it sounds scrummy too. :-)

Hi Zest I ate porridge.My topping was strawberries,half banana,physalis,half apple,4 almonds,flax seeds,pumpkin seeds,chia seeds(mixed seeds 1 table spoon)cinnamon powder,tablespoon of peanut butter.

😊

1 like

Hi avoid-sugar,

Your toppings sounds really good! Yum!

Very healthy Zest and I don’t eat oats so I can’t answer that but flaked almond toppings are a favourite with me.

I had egg on toast with baby toms and mushrooms. 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Mmmm, I like the sound of your breakfast. Yum! Also, the flaked almond topping - I really like that too. :-)

1 like

Hi Zest, this morning was a blender concoction. Coconut milk, 3 fresh eggs from our flock, chia seeds, almond butter, vanilla protein powder, ginger root, turmeric root, bananas, apple, spinach, mixed frozen fruit. Enough for three servings throughout the day oh and also a variety of presoaked mixed whole grains. Wife thinks I’m nuts with food🤫

2 likes

Hi Hidden,

Wow, that sounds like a lovely blender concoction - I bet the coconut milk makes a lovely taste too. :-)

1 like

Smoothie here too: protein, cottage cheese, sour cherries, creatine and amino stack, handful of oats

1 like

Hi Rignold,

Wow, that sounds interesting - is it a 'sour' taste? I'm presuming it would be, with the cottage cheese and the sour cherries... Did you like that taste at first, or did you accustom to it over time?

It was quite nice actually. I am not a fan of overly sweet smoothies so a slightly tarter flavour suited me well.

1 like

Excellent, glad you enjoyed it. I find that my taste buds have altered a lot since I eat less sugary things - and I am considering trying some cottage cheese again - although I've not yet bought any - the last time I ate cottage cheese was a couple of decades ago... :-)

You may also like...