Healthy Eating
28,839 members3,701 posts

Lamb Casserole & Veggies tonight on a Bed of Black Basmati Rice :-)

Lamb Casserole & Veggies tonight on a Bed of Black Basmati Rice :-)

Hi everyone,

My meal tonight was cooked in my slow-cooker, and it's Lamb with olives, lemon, spices (turmeric, cumin and ginger) and potato. There is also some fresh coriander in it, which was really delicious.

I served it on a bed of Black & Brown Basmati rice and some microwaved veggies (carrots and broccoli). It was really tasty.

Hope you all have a lovely evening and enjoy your evening meal.

Zest :-)

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, 👩‍🍳 olives...mmm, how good is that and your spices and veggies are my fave's too so another lovely healthy meal...😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry - I knew you'd like those spices, they certainly add a lot of flavour. I wish I'd used a slow-cooker earlier - I've only just been getting into it this year! :-) Better late than never though. :-)

2 likes

Lovely meal,lamb with veggies wow good combination zest..😊I defiantly need slow cooker..

2 likes

Hi avoid-sugar,

Thanks! I've got some left for tomorrow night now, which makes it even better, as I can have a night off from cooking - much as I enjoy cooking, I also enjoy it when I don't need to do it. :-)

lovely Zest and a lovely use of spices too.

1 like

Thanks Grace. Lovely spices. :-)

1 like

My that looks and sounds yummy! I’ve never tried lamb. What might it be similar to in taste and texture? Even though I’ve lived in farm country my whole life, meat consumed here is mainly beef and poultry.

1 like

You have to try lamb!. It is my favourite meat, slow cooked on the bone is amazing😍. It’s more tender than beef and slightly fattier but that’s what gives it the fabulous flavours. Nothing else like it.

1 like

Wow, Frostie2560 - that's a lovely way to describe the flavours, and I completely agree with you. It is incredibly tasty. :-)

That sounds wonderful! Love to try new foods. Thanks!

2 likes

Hi Scooterputtputt,

It's nice to try new foods - I hope you enjoy it if you do try it. Welcome to the Healthy eating forum, and hope to see you around and about.

Thank you Zest for the warm welcome. I hope to draw some ideas and enthusiasm here, and perhaps share a bit.

1 like

You may also like...