Healthy Eating
29,471 members3,808 posts

Spicy Bean & Chipotle Chilli Soup & Bread roll for lunch today :-)

Spicy Bean & Chipotle Chilli Soup & Bread roll for lunch today :-)

Hi everyone,

This soup is from a tin, but I chose it because it was low in sugar, and also full of tasty ingredients - the spicy beans and the chipotle chilli makes a great combination. I had it with a bread roll and peanut butter, and I also bought a couple of stuffed chilli peppers (containing cream cheese) from the delicatessent - and they are very tasty.

The meal was 533 calories in total (and 212 of those were the soup).

I've been doing lots of housework this morning, and I have literally walked 12,140 steps doing that - and it's only 1.30pm, so plenty of time to fit in some more steps, but I am hoping to relax a bit now, and read the newspapers with a cup of tea and slice of cake.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend so far, and having an excellent day.

Zest :-)

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks delicious Zest..😊peanut butter yummy. 😋Enjoy rest of your day..

1 like

Thanks avoid-sugar - Peanut butter is yummy! :-)

i think i know exactly how to eat that ☺ spoon over knife and fork is my new way of eating...🤗

1 like

Hi Hidden,

It was really tasty.

1 like

Hi Zest, I'm a dab hand with a tin opener sometimes...I think that this shows we can eat well by choosing wisely, like your tinned soup and quality bread roll. I love the look of the chillies stuffed with cream cheese.

And you enjoy your day too. 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Thanks - I have only bought the stuffed chillies a couple of times, but both times, I've really enjoyed them. :-)

1 like

I used to always do a cheat of having something out of a tin for example, to help make the meal faster/easier. Still do it a little bit, but not much.

2 likes

Hi Andy,

Yes, it is convenient sometimes to get a tin - life is then faster and easier - glad to hear you do the same. :-)

You may also like...