Healthy Eating
29,364 members3,768 posts

My meals today :-)

My meals today :-)

Hi everyone,

Today I ate:

Breakfast: Porridge (30g) with nuts, seeds, fruit and topped with coconut kefir. 480 calories.

Lunch: Egg mayo and salad wraps and a pickled onion 733 calories

Followed by half a flapjack (104 calories) and half a chocolatey bar (both from the health food shop) (148 calories)

Dinner: Homemade Lamb Tagine on a bed of black rice mixed with wholemeal basmati brown rice (55g uncooked weight) 640 calories

6 small pieces of dark chocolate and coffee: 210 calories (meant to only have 4 pieces, must cut down on my chocolate - just a bit too much! but quite moreish...)

So my total calories for today = 2,400. I am 200 over my daily allowance of 2,200 - but i have done quite a bit of exercise today, so I'm not worried about it. I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and a healthy BMI.

Hope everyone has had a really good day.

Zest :-)

19 Replies
oldestnewest

I ate black rice zest..😊

1 like

Great! It's a lovely rice, isn't it. But it does make the wooden spoon I use to stir it go black as well...! :-)

1 like

🤣🤣I know..

1 like

I would imagine you can dye clothes in the water too - probably go a lovely purple colour... maybe I should try that out... :-)

1 like

Next time I will keep the water & use for dyeing 🤣

1 like

:-) I hope it works. lol :-)

I will show u the result..🤣

1 like

I reckon it will go 'black' really - or even a 'grey'... you might not be impressed. :-) I hoped it would be purple, but I doubt it... Might try a hankerchief or something... But will wait to see what your item turns out like. :-)

1 like

How about hair dye ...lol

1 like

That is funny. I bet that won't be a good look... :-)

Natural hair colour..😋

1 like

I don't think I'll be trying that one. lol :-)

1 like

🤣🤣

1 like

I'm off out now, but you made me laugh, thanks for that avoid-sugar - it's good to laugh sometimes isn't it, lifts the spirits no end. Have a lovely evening!

2 likes

Thank u Zest.Take care & keep laughing..Laughing therapy for you tonight..🤣

2 likes

Hi Zest, a great selection of meals today and isn't it funny how popular some foods are on the same day, you both having black rice. The coconut kefir looks interesting I'll have to look out for some of that. So this all looks very healthy to me.

I don't think I'll try using the water from black rice as a hair conditioner either LOL 😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry,

Thanks! Yes, we both had black rice - amazing coincidence! :-) Yes, the coconut kefir is good, but it's locally produced in Guernsey - although hopefully there will be version in the UK that you could find - I believe there are all kinds of types and flavours.

Good to hear you're not using the alternative hair conditioner - probably best to test it out on something that we're not bothered about which colour it goes... :-)

Enjoy your evening, I'm off out now.

1 like

🤣🤣

1 like

I read about rice water as a good conditioner..😊

1 like

You may also like...