Healthy Eating
34,999 members5,287 posts

Risotto & A Nice Walk Today :-)

Hi everyone,

Late this afternoon I had a really nice walk outside, and took a few photos to appreciate the change in the weather here - previously lots of rain, some snow, and very very cold, and yet now the snow has all melted already and the sun was shining. I can hardly believe the change.

My evening meal was a Risotto with lots of veggies (white onion, butternut squash, swede, red pepper, yellow pepper and a red chilli pepper), and some King Prawns, Cashew nuts and Parmesan Cheese. Very tasty. Used 50g risotto rice per person.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Zest :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, what a great view we've got slush and more slush here...

Lovely veg too I had red chilli and white onion with my tea tonight so this all looks very tasty, healthy and wholesome to me.

You enjoy your weekend now.😊

1 like

Thanks Jerry - your meal sounds lovely.

1 like

Wow beautiful...😊

1 like

It was lovely. I haven't been out much this week, due to the weather, so it was great to be out and about again. :-)

Hope you're ok and enjoying the weekend.

1 like

Love this idea. Beautiful photos

1 like

Thanks Dawn, I hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Amazing. Cornwall or Devon or South Wales coastal beauty spot? Quality of life comes to my mind. 😃

2 likes

Thanks Hidden,

It is a lovely place - the island of Guernsey, in the Channel islands. :-)

Hope you've had an enjoyable weekend.

Oh, my! Fabulous! :-)

1 like

:-)

After seeing so many of your photo's I hope we get to visit your area some day so lovely your pictures of the land and food are fanastic. Gives me a connection to your life! I will pin this one and also make, will be wonderful I'm sure my husband will have his with cauliflower rice. I use heavy cream, veggie or chicken broth when making my risotto seaoning with garlic, celery salt, S&P, some seafoo seasoning when using shimp or crab. Butter and the cream and fresh parmesean cheese are added at the end to thicken. Sure this will rated very high on my husbands list with chilly fall here.

1 like

Hi cherv

It is a beautiful island - and well worth a visit, in my opinion! I hope you get to pop over.

I also think you are definitely a lover of Risottos - like me! It's one of my favourite meals - I have one about once a week I think. :-) Even in the Summer months... :-) But like you say, it's perfect for the Chilly Fall. :-)

Must say I also have have it year round. My husband travels and often make it when he is off on business. Stay fro keto eating then, I can make it with cauliflower rice for him just does not have the same texture or taste. One I could never give give up at least healthier than normal rice.

1 like

You may also like...