Pea & Mint Soup with Sourdough Bread Roll &... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,344 members9,639 posts

Pea & Mint Soup with Sourdough Bread Roll & Peanut butter :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

My lunch today was very warming, tasty and filling. It's Pea & Mint soup with a Sourdough Bread roll and Peanut butter. 448 calories.

Hope you're keeping warm today.

Zest :-)

11 Replies

lovely zest! and do you dip the peanut butter bread INTO the soup or do you eat it separately. it's not a combo I've tried before.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to HappyBeee

Hi HappyBeee,

Thanks! No, I don't tend to 'dip the bread' at all - but I guess you could if you wanted! It's a bit like biscuits - some people like to 'dunk' and others don't. All down to preference.

I like to have nut butters on bread when I have some veggie-based soup, as I like the added protein in the nut butter, plus the tasty combination of flavours. Although the peas contain protein too of course. :-)

Very tasty looking plate Zest.I love peanut butter specially crunchy one..& peas soup wow..Enjoy😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to avoid-sugar

Hi avoid-sugar,

Yes, my preference is for the 'crunchy' peanut butter over the smooth. Lovely texture! :-)

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, a perfect lunch, I love pea soup and warming, tasty and filling ticks all the boxes. 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry - soup is ideal in this weather. :-)

Hi it's Marie as from yesterday I had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and as you know I can't have sugary things

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Mazwatson

Hi Mazwatson,

Hopefully your GP will have provided you with some information and advice regarding type 2 diabetes when he/she made the diagnosis, but there is also some information on Type 2 diabetes here in NHS Choices (which this forum is linked to), that you can have a look at:

nhs.uk/conditions/type-2-di...

I hope that's helpful. I would also suggest having a look at the website of 'Diabetes UK' as that should be another helpful resource.

Would you post the recipe for the pea and mint soup please zest. As it looks lovely

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to SlimmerSue62

Hi SlimmerSue62,

If you'd like to make your own soup, then maybe just look online for a recipe - because my soup was from a can - I got it from M&S on this occasion. Sometimes I just go for convenience, whilst looking at the contents on the tin to see if I am happy with them. But you're right, homemade soup would be much better, as then you know exactly what's in your soup.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to SlimmerSue62

Here is a recipe - I'm going to try it later in the week, all being well - thanks for inspiring me to find a good recipe:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

You may also like...