Healthy Eating

Healthy Snack :-)

Healthy Snack :-)

Hi everyone,

I usually restrict my eating from after my evening meal to my breakfast, but I must admit that last night (Saturday) I fancied a 'snack' - and I thought back to the past when I would have probably reached for some crisps, or a sugary snack.

I haven't had a bag of crisps for about a month now, and I've not missed it! I tend to choose something like Greek yoghurt with seeds and nuts if I fancy a snack these days, or a piece of fruit and some nuts and sometimes cheese. Lovely combination. :-)

Anyway, last night I had this snack, which was 1 nectarine with 5g walnuts, 5g Brazil nuts and 4 almonds and 28g cheddar cheese. It works out at 178 calories, and it was extremely tasty.

Zest :-)

I realise that some people don't snack - and prefer to just eat meals at meal-times, but for those of you who do snack - what kind of 'healthy snacks' to you enjoy?

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, what a healthy snack, me I snack on grapes especially on long car journeys and I eat dried fruit and fresh fruit, banana's raspberries, strawberries, mango really any fruit with yoghurt and like you add chai seeds to yogurt a lot. Sometimes I have raspberries with a dollop of cream cheese and thats moorish...

An excellent post and an excellent question 😊

1 like

HI Jerry,

I like the sound of all your healthy snacks - yum! I think that Raspberries are actually my favourite fruit, but I rarely have them! I must get some, next time I see some. Sounds like an interesting combination with the Cream cheese, I'll have to try that! :-)

2 likes

I prefer fruits,yogurt or nuts..😊

1 like

Mmmm, those are lovely. :-)

am one of those who just drinks tea or coffee in between meals... i do still love a few cans of beer as well☺

1 like

Hi happycook,

I also enjoy tea or coffee in between meals. I don't have many snacks, just occasionally, and last night was one of those occasions. :-)

1 like

Just joined this site...so, hello! Anyway, your snack looks delish, and I’m always looking for lower calorie options. One of my faves is sliced cucumbers with salsa. I love all fruit, but try to stick to berries since they’re the lowest calorie for the larger quantity for those times when you just seem to be hungry, ya know?! Also, i love nuts, but have a hard time limiting them, so I avoid them instead. I do like peanut butter...so i dip apples into a tbsp or so of that.

I stick to a relatively clean diet, anyone else?

1 like

Hi Dmac7834,

Welcome to the Healthy Eating forum, and for your lovely reply. :-) Sliced cucumbers with salsa sounds tasty! Yes, berries are great, aren't they. Mmmm, nuts too. :-) I also enjoy some peanut butter - have you tried the other nut butters, like almond butter? Very nice. :-)

I enjoy eating mainly home-cooked meals, made from scratch, using whole foods, fresh fruits, lots of veggies, and I enjoy some fish, meat, and enjoy cooking with spices, fresh herbs, and also love seeing everyone's photos of food.

I hope you'll enjoy participating here.

1 like

Hi Zest

That looks lovely and the kind of food I reach for now, before it would have been a chocolate bar but now it's nuts/dates and shredded coconut. I don't eat much fruit because of my IBS, I'm better with vegetables.

Alicia :) x

You may also like...