Healthy Eating
31,323 members4,296 posts

Moroccan Spiced Lamb with Winter Squash :-)

Moroccan Spiced Lamb with Winter Squash :-)

Hi everyone,

I've just adapted this post, I had given the recipe - but as I was checking the author of the recipe book, I noticed it mentioned a 'text and photography' copyright, so I've edited my post so that it's not mentioned... Sorry about that. I'll try to find a link to another recipe that is similar, which would be ok for me to mention here.

OK, so here's a recipe from the BBC good food website, for "Lamb, Squash & Apricot Tagine' - made in a conventional oven.

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/241...

Basically to do the Slow-Cooker Recipe, I just put the ingredients in the slow-cooker (minus the apricots) and cooked on LOW for 4 hours, and then added the apricots for the final hour of cooking. I also took a tip of Jerry's to thicken the sauce at that point with some flour and water and a few chia seeds, and that worked well.

I don't think it looks the most appetising of dishes, to look at, but the taste was great. Really flavoursome, and I have 2 portions left so we'll have it with couscous tomorrow evening.

Zest :-)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Enjoy ur meal Zest..😊

1 like

Thanks avoid-sugar :-)

Hi Zest, I think we are used to white or brown rice so it’s our perception/expectation and slow cooking means it’s in a lovely sauce of its own juices so I think it’s really great 😊

1 like

Thanks Jerry, it was really delicious. I am going to look out for some couscous - as I don't normally have that - and I fancy trying it with couscous tomorrow.

1 like

havent had moroccan lamb for 20 years...but still remember it.. beautiful.

1 like

Yes - I agree that the spices are really lovely. :-)

You may also like...