Healthy Eating
32,767 members4,665 posts

Lunch out and Walk today :-)

Lunch out and Walk today :-)

Hi everyone,

My weekend has started early, as I am having a day off today and enjoying the sunshine. I took this photo on my walk to town, and my lunch was a freshly made Tomato soup with granary bread and butter in a lovely cafe. It was very tasty. I wondered if the Chef had put a Chinese character in the soup with the cream, but I don't know if that was the case or not. :-)

I think that soup is always a good option when eating out - and I'm happy to have started a new topic called 'Eating out.'

As it's Chinese New Year today, and officially the Year of the Dog (2018), I'm including a photo of my friend's dog - his name is Buddy. He is very cute. :-)

The photo is of Castle Cornet in St. Peter Port, Guernsey, and it was a beautiful morning.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and a lovely weekend ahead.

Zest :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Beautiful pictures Zest, inspiring as always thank you

3 likes

Thanks bunty65 for your lovely reply, and I hope you're having a really good day.

2 likes

What a beautiful photo Zest, and what an adorable dog, so cute.

I see what you mean about the Chinese Character in your soup - which looks lovely.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

Best wishes

Debs

3 likes

Hi Debs,

Thanks very much, and I hope you have a really good weekend.

1 like

Thank you Zest : >

1 like

The weather looks absolutely lovely there. So jealous. And of the soup, too.

Coincidence, as I came here looking for advice on Vit D, and you’re out for a walk.

:)

3 likes

Thanks Steffheijkoop,

I hope you found what you were looking for regarding the Vitamin D information. Thanks for your lovely reply.

Pretty place, & what a lovely doggy face! :)

Think your soup says "eat me before I get cold" ;) x

2 likes

Hi Mel,

You're right, that soup wanted to be eaten straight away - it was saying 'Forget that photo, and 'eat me' - they do warm the plates though, so it did stay nice and warm.

1 like

Hi Zest, this all looks lovely, its been lovely and sunny here too and more like spring this afternoon. The soup and beach look great but the dog he is so gorgeous, so I'm glad you're enjoying your day off. 😊

2 likes

Thanks Jerry, it was a great combination! Lovely walk and nice lunch. :-)

1 like

i love the chinese sign on your soup Zest. i also love the photo of buddy as i love animals. yes soup is a good idea when you eat out as they cant do much harm to it surely. No added fats or strange stuff in it. have a lovely week end Zest you deserve it.

2 likes

Hi Grace,

I can't be sure that's what the Chef intended, but it looked a bit symbol-like to me. :-) Maybe if someone who can read Chinese can see it, they can let us know if it is indeed a Chinese character. I should have asked the Chef. :-)

Thanks for your lovely reply, Grace, and I'd like to wish you a lovely weekend.

2 likes

You may also like...