Healthy Eating

Meals today :-)

Meals today :-)

Hi everyone,

Today I enjoyed the following:

Breakfast: Porridge (30g) with mixed nuts, fruits and seeds, with full-fat milk. (442 calories)

Lunch: Smoked Haddock and a Poached egg and Baked tomato on wholemeal bread (460 calories)

Snack: 59g of homemade fruit cake with a cup of coffee (200 calories)

Dinner: Pork steak and Pasta bake (made with fresh veggies) (601 calories) shogg - we both enjoyed Pork for our tea today! Mine was just cooking when I spotted your meal. :-)

25g dark chocolate and a cup of coffee (141 calories)

An orange (fruit) (62 calories)

Some teas and coffees during the day and evening

Total calories = 1999.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Zest :-)

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, 👨‍🍳. a great selection of healthy meals/food here so yup you’re definitely well nourished...😊

1 like

Definitely well nourished there, Jerry - really enjoyed them. :-)

1 like

the rest of your meals was better than mine lol

2 likes

Well I like the look of your pork meal, more than my own. It looked particularly colourful and tasty. :-)

i could just eat your lunch now but its soup for me to nite

1 like

I think soup is lovely - warm and comforting - hope you enjoy it, Steve. :-)

1 like

Sounds so yummy and nutritious! Are you by chance tracking macro-nutrients as well? Or just caloric intake? Just curious! you seem to know your stuff :)

1 like

Hi kikivball,

I am tracking my macro-nutrients too - the macronutrients for the entire day were: Fat: 83.6g; Fibre: 22.6g; Carbs: 179.5g and Protein 107.4g - I can tell you for each individual meal if you like - not sure whether you want to know per meal, but if you do, let me know - and I can pm you the details.

I am keeping a personal blog of my weight and food intake this year - which I'm updating week by week - and I'll link to that if you want to have a look.

I'll pop back with the link:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

1 like

Zest love your meal plan.

Seeing so many put mixed fruit in the porridge I've been adding it myself now. Makes an ideal breakfast especially on cold days.

I may take your meal plan as well. Very nice!

1 like

Thanks ShadowDee,

Porridge is one of my all time favourite breakfasts - glad you're enjoying yours on these cold days.

Glad you liked my meals - and I hope you enjoy them, if you do decide to have the same. I think it's great to compare meal ideas.

I will be popping over to your Rowing post (Paddler's Club) sometime soon - I know you're hosting this month. I always look out for your posts - actually I will 'follow' you so I don't miss any. :-)

Wishing you an excellent week.

You may also like...