Healthy Eating
30,281 members4,066 posts

Omelette for Lunch today :-)

Omelette for Lunch today :-)

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed a delicious Omelette for lunch today - the ingredients are pictured, and include half an onion, 40g red pepper; 40g yellow pepper; 15g butter; 40g chestnut mushrooms; 50g smoked salmon; 27g cheddar cheese; and 2 eggs.

Total calories of the Omelette = 524.

I also put some Cous cous salad on my plate to accompany it - which was approx 36 calories, so overall I had 560 calories, and I really enjoyed it.

Hope you're enjoying Sunday so far.

Zest :-)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest,👩‍🍳 this looks really colourful and delicious. I think it's great how you show exactly what goes into your meals too...😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry,

Thanks! It was very tasty.

1 like

Hi Zest,

You've read my mind! I was hoping to have an omelette sometime this weekend/during the work week coming up. Well, I guess I really should do that and get the egg beaters ready. I'm thinking of adding fake bacon bits (vegetarian imatational bacon) with mushrooms and a few other items when the time comes.

2 likes

Hi Activity2004,

Fantastic to hear you're going to enjoy an Omelette sometime soon. I hope you really enjoy it. Sounds like you've got an idea already how your omelette is going to be - and it's a great meal for adding the things you like/enjoy.

1 like

I'm also thinking of writing a posting about egg beaters (the way I make the omelettes) and what their health benefits are suppose to be in the next few days. Hope there will be some extra time in the day.

1 like

Great, I'll look forward to hearing about that. I don't use egg beaters when I do mine - just a fork. Very easy. :-)

1 like

You may also like...