Friday evening: Delicious meal: Pork Steak,... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
41,159 members β€’ 7,429 posts

Friday evening: Delicious meal: Pork Steak, Baked potato and mixed vegetables.

Zest
ZestVolunteer
β€’10 Replies

Hi everyone,

Earlier today I ate the following:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Tonight I enjoyed a Pork Steak with a Baked potato, and mixed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, red onions and red pepper) and a baked tomato. 561 calories.

For dessert I had some Apple Pie with vanilla ice-cream and double cream. 427 calories.

To finish I had a cup of coffee and 25g dark chocolate - 141 calories.

So, today, my total calories were 2,702 - which is higher than anticipated, but I don't regret it. I will hope to enjoy some long walks on the weekend. I only have a dessert on weekends - Friday and Saturdays, and I do enjoy it. :-)

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday.

Zest :-)

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ now that looks like a healthy colourful meal to me, pudding included and the baked tomato looks lovely, all cooked to perfection too. 😊

2 likes
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thanks! Baked tomato is one of my favourite things - I love the ones that are grown 'on the vine' as they are particularly 'flavoursome' and I love the fact that the lycopene is released in the cooking process - making it healthier, as well as extra tasty.

2 likes
andyswarbs

not healthy in my book, sorry.

HiddenThis reply has been deleted
andyswarbs
andyswarbs
in reply to Hidden

I know that "moderation" is a popular term. I consider it more of an excuse for people to continue eating as they have.

I prefer to think about the true merits of everything that goes through my mouth and justify it. That's not to say I am looking at every spoonful and thinking hard about it. It is more about shopping for the right items that are proven - and I mean proven - for good health.

Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to andyswarbs

Morning Andy, Hope you enjoy the weekend. :-)

1 like
andyswarbs
andyswarbs
in reply to Zest

Thank you zest. A very interesting weekend. I spent 2 1/2 days of very intensive hot yoga. 8am-5pm with 3 hours on Friday night.

I had full energy for this which I will do a separate post for, because I think people may find it interesting.

1 like
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to andyswarbs

Great! I'll look forward to reading your post - and it's good to know you enjoyed your weekend. :-)

HiddenThis reply has been deleted
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to Hidden

Hi xOceanx,

Thanks for your reply - I feel sure you'll cook some tasty meals yourself, and I appreciate your compliment. Thank you. :-)

You may also like...