Healthy Eating
31,230 members4,279 posts

Chicken Broth Today :-)

Chicken Broth Today :-)

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a larger Slow-Cooker (5.5 litres) and last night cooked a large batch of Chicken broth, and also enjoyed some today for lunch. I have frozen the remainder - it made approx 6 portions! Really tasty. :-)

So, for lunch today, I had some Broth with 1.5 bread rolls and peanut butter. Approx 505 calories.

Hope your week is going well so far.

Zest :-)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest 👩‍🍳 this looks really good and very nutritious because chicken broth has healing properties. And slow cooking beats fast food every time so your new one sounds the biz...😊

3 likes

Hi Jerry,

Thanks - and yes, the chicken broth is known to have healing properties, I've read about that before, and I do believe it does - as I have often found it helpful when I've had a cold.

I am thrilled with my new one, and intend to use it often. :-)

2 likes

im sure your right about Broth Zest , as many people are buying organic bone broth and have many good things to say about it.I must say Zest your such a good typer and look really professional as if your a secretary. with all the word spacing. you seem to be so efficient. love grace xoxo

1 like

Hi Grace,

Thanks for your kind words - I appreciate what you said. I hope you're having a really great day and that you have a good evening.

Zest :-) xx

1 like

Hello Zest,

Can I ask, is a Slow Cooker worth buying? I have never used one.

Thank you

Debs

1 like

Hi Debs,

Personally, I'd not used a slow-cooker until about a month ago, and I was a bit sceptical about whether it would be 'worth it' - but the flavour was amazing - and so I've bought a larger one, to enable me to batch cook and make the most of it.

The other thing that's really nice is you can prepare it at the start of the day, and then your evening meal is 'ready for you' - somehow it feels 'as if someone is preparing it' - at least that was how it felt to me when I was enjoying the aroma of delicious food.

Hope you're having a great week.

2 likes

The third best kitchen implement I have bought. I would not be without it. The other two are the nutribullet and the air fryer and fourth best a good juicer.

1 like

Hi andyrrc,

Glad you're enjoying your slow-cooker, plus your other kitchen implements. Hope you're enjoying your week as well.

They do look worth having, we are just a bit limited on space, but if its that good, the I will squeeze it in somewhere

Thats brillant Zest, thank you for the information. I had been looking at getting one for sometime but was unsure on whether it would be worth it.

Now I know, thank you

Best wishes

Debs

1 like

Hi Debs,

I hope you enjoy the food when you get one. Hopefully you will. :-)

Morning Zest,

Is the slow cooker for stews and soups, or can it be used for other things as well?

1 like

Hi Debs,

I got a book out of the library called "Slow Cookers: A classic kitchen collection for the busy cook" as I want to try a few recipes in my slow-cooker. There are more than 80 recipes in that book, and looking through the contents, it includes sections on 'Soups'; 'Hearty family fare' (including recipes which are curries, stews, stroganoff, risotto, macaroni cheese, tagines, goulash) - there seem to be numerous dishes you can do in the slow-cooker - so it does look quite versatile.

1 like

That's brilliant Zest, thank you very much

1 like

Hello Zest. Please excuse my ignorance. What ingredients go into your chicken broth please, besides the obvious chicken? 😊

1 like

Hi Caspiana,

I just put some vegetables (swede, potato, carrots, and white onions) and some chicken stock. Cooked it all day in the slow cooker. It was very simple and easy to do. I didn't use chicken 'bones' to do it, I used chicken breast. My hubby sometimes makes broth from using chicken bones etc as well as chicken, and that is also really tasty.

Hope that's helpful.

1 like

That's so simple. Thank you Zest. It sounds wonderful. 😁

1 like

You may also like...