Healthy Eating
33,282 members4,783 posts

Delicious Yoghurt :-)

Delicious Yoghurt  :-)

Hi everyone,

I'm enjoying a relaxing Sunday afternoon, and I've just had a really delicious Yoghurt snack - consisting of Greek-style yoghurt (75g), 4 almonds, pumpkin and chia seeds, 2 dried apricots, and a sprinkle of Cinnamon on top. Total calories = 244.

It is a tasty 'breakfast' or 'snack' or 'dessert' - so quite versatile! :-)

Zest :-)

28 Replies
oldestnewest

I love my yoghurt with pecans and a dash of honey and a banana at moment.

Yours looks really good. I’ll try it when my obsession with pecans is over😬

2 likes

Yes, I love yoghurt too - your combination with Pecans sounds lovely - I haven't had any of those for some time - I do like nuts. :-)

2 likes

Love all the yogurt ideas. I do the overnight yogurt when I know I have a busy workout day ahead of me. Got the idea off here.

So grateful for the group.

3 likes

Ooh 😮 Please tell me what overnight yogurt is?? I make overnight oats but I’ve never heard of overnight yogurt!!

1 like

Hi Persianpeach,

If I see the original post about it, I'll send you a link - can't remember who it was who mentioned it originally, but maybe ShadowDee has details or can remember.

That would be great thank you!! 😊

1 like

Here is a website that gives some clear instructions on how to do 'overnight oats' - hope you find it helpful - you can mix yoghurt with them and other things too:

wholefully.com/8-classic-ov...

Thanks Zest, there are some gorgeous recipes for me to try, I’m impressed!! 👍🏼😊

1 like

Great! Glad you like them! :-)

Sorry, I realise you know how to make 'overnight oats' - I just re-read your reply earlier - it was the overnight yoghurt you were meaning - maybe it was infact 'overnight oats with yoghurt' that ShadowDee meant - I'm not sure...

Me too, it's a great Community - glad you're enjoying it too. :-)

Mmmm it looks and sounds delicious 😋 I hope you're enjoying your afternoon

Rosie 😊 xx

1 like

Hi Rosie,

Thanks! I hope you're having a great Monday. :-)

1 like

Hi Zest looks lovely and healthy 😊 I'm glad you're enjoying your Sunday afternoon too.

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Thank you. Yes, I enjoyed the weekend very much.

1 like

That looks lovely Zest. I've just enjoyed some brazil and pecan nuts - yummy. :)

Alicia :)

2 likes

Thanks Alicia, and your Brazil and Pecan Nuts sounds lovely.

Zest :-) xx

1 like

I love nuts and seeds.

Alicia :) xxx

1 like

Zest

Nice and yummy

Sure you have enjoyed this healthy dish

I also had greek yogurt today.. home made. Took approx 250 gms hung curd.. added cardamom crushed seeds, almonds, pistachios and saffron strands. Also added 5 drops of stevia to make it a sweet dish

1 like

Hi Shashikantiyengar,

Definitely yummy. :-)

Your homemade yoghurt dish sounds really lovely - lots of excellent flavours there. I bet it tasted great. :-)

1 like

I have 350g of fat free Greek yogurt with 3 raw eggs in before bed every day. And my Frenchie gets to lick the bowl. Now he runs to the fridge and starts pawing the door at 9.00 if I have not prepared 'Yogurt o'clock'.

1 like

Hi Rignold,

Lovely that you share your left-overs with your Frenchie. I can tell she loves 'Yoghurt o'clock' - wow - 3 raw eggs in it - I'm wondering how that tastes. Do you like the taste? Is it very 'eggy'...?

1 like

It is an acquired taste, I will concede. I probably would not do it for the flavour profile alone.

1 like

Fair enough. :-) I know you're running a Squat Challenge at the moment, so I guess you're very fit and ensuring you have some 'fuel'?

There is a lot of evidence that eating protein before sleep is very beneficial to maintaining lean mass, so weight loss is more geared to fat loss, and equally, if you do a lot of exercise so the body does not become protein depleted while you sleep.

I also find I sleep much better after having a late casein rich snack.

1 like

Thanks, you've given me some 'food for thought' there - I am currently fasting after my evening meal - i.e. don't eat after 6.30pm, but I am also wanting to build some more muscle (if I can), so I am wondering about having a small snack prior to bed - and I'm considering a pickled egg and 4 almonds - I think that might be a good 'protein' snack - what do you think? Does that sound reasonable? :-)

Pickled egg before bed sounds like it puts my yog/egg combo in the shade palatabilitywise. Proteinwise it sounds fine. I would say try it and see how you get on for a few days.

The only thing I would point out is you cannot build muscle and lose fat at the same time. To build muscle you have to be in caloric surplus, whereas to lose fat you have to be in deficit. You cannot be in both simultaneously. (My apologies for being presumptuous if you are not losing weight, but many people on here tend to have that as a goal).

I did write a piece about this a few days ago:

teamrhomboid.com/muscle-vs-...

1 like

Hi Rignold,

Thanks for that, I read your article - it is interesting, and I will hope to start trying to build some muscle once I reach my 'ideal' weight - I've just got another 3.75 pounds left to lose, and then I'll start stepping up the 'strength training'.

Yes, I don't mind the taste of pickled egg - I really like it infact, so will try it before bed. :-) Each to their own, as they say - you can enjoy your yoghurt and raw eggs, and I'll enjoy my pickled egg and almonds. :-)

You may also like...