Healthy Eating
31,257 members4,284 posts

Friday meals :-)

Friday meals :-)

Hi everyone,

Today I had the following:

Breakfast: 30g Porridge with 150ml semi-skimmed milk, and mixed seeds (pumpkin, chia and sunflower), nuts (4 almonds, 2 Brazil nuts), and fruit (fresh strawberries, kiwi fruit and blueberries, and dried apricot) and a sprinkling of Ceylon Cinnamon. 408 calories.

Lunch: Jacket potato with Tuna Mayonnaise and a knob of butter followed by a cup of coffee and a slice of homemade fruit cake. Total calories of lunch = 700.

Dinner: Homemade Chicken Curry on a bed of Organic Black Rice (60g) = 478 calories followed by a cup of coffee and 22g dark chocolate.

My total calories for the day, including some teas and coffees with milk were 1,822.

I am very happy that the weekend is here, and I'd like to wish everyone an excellent weekend.

Zest :-)

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest,

This all looks very colourful and healthy, black rice makes the curry stand out thats for sure and I love it's texture. Your kiwi fruit mix looks fab too so you're a great example to those who want to eat healthily 😊

And enjoy your weekend,

Jerry 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

I absolutely love the Black Rice - it is tastier than the brown, and I feel sure it is more nutritious too - really glad that you introduced me to it with your post you did last week - it is really good.

Thanks for your kind comments on my meals, and yes, here's to an enjoyable weekend!

1 like

Ooh tell me more about the black rice please I’ve not seen it before!.

Your posts are great Zest, it’s really inspiring me!.

I had yoghurt with a few pecans in this morning, yum!. I’m making pizza for the family tonight, it may not be the the healthiest choice but it’s made completely from scratch and we all get to choose our toppings and most importantly, the children see how easy it is to make delicious food rather than buy a ready made version thats usually really expensive and nowhere near as tasty!.

2 likes

Hi Frostie2560,

Yes, the Black Rice - I was inspired to try it by Jerry's post of last week, which is here incase you want to see his lovely photo and recipe, which is for 'Veggie Curry with Black Rice - Vegan":

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Anyway, I got my Black Rice from the Health food shop, and it is REALLY nice. :-) I am definitely going to buy some more when it runs out.

How lovely that you're having Homemade Pizza tonight - I bet that will be delicious! Your breakfast sounds lovely too. Great that your children will enjoy making the pizza with you, and choosing the toppings. I bet it will be really tasty. Enjoy!

2 likes

Thank you, I’ll have a look. 😊

1 like

Great.How do u count exact calorie per meal.I m struggling to do this so at the end of the day I m complete unaware about my calorie though I try to eat healthy & portion control..Have a good weekend..

1 like

Hi avoid-sugar,

I use my Fitbit app to calculate my calories, but there are lots of free apps around, and one that many people use is Myfitnesspal.com - so that would be worth trying, if you do want to calculate the calories.

However, portion control works well too - so just use whatever works best for you. :-)

Have a lovely weekend.

1 like

Thank Zest.I have got this app MyFitnessPal so I have to start using it..👍

1 like

You may also like...