Healthy Eating
31,196 members4,277 posts

Meals today :-)

Meals today :-)

Hi everyone,

Here is a collage showing my meals for today.

Breakfast: Porridge (30g) with semi-skimmed milk (150ml) and mixed fruit (fresh strawberries, kiwi fruit and blueberries and dried apricot) and mixed nuts (brazil, almond and walnuts) and mixed seeds (chia, pumpkin and sunflower) with a sprinkling of Ceylon Cinnamon on top. Total calories = 450.

Lunch out today! Starter was an Egg Florentyne on a bed of spinach, and then the main course was a Vegetable Strudel with Apple Cider Infused Red Cabbage and Tomato and Basil. Total calories of lunch = 891.

Evening meal was some Smoked Haddock with a Poached egg and wholemeal bread with butter, and a baked tomato. Followed by a dessert of Greek-style yoghurt with 2 dried apricots, some blueberries, a few oats, and seeds (pumpkin and chia) and 4 almonds in it. Total calories of evening meal = 703.

I've had teas and coffees with milk through the day and evening, and also 25g dark chocolate.

My total calories for today were 2,233. My personal 'allowance' is between 2,000 to 2,200, so I am slightly over, but it was nice to have a meal out at lunchtime, and I think I chose relatively well. I am fairly active and 6 feet 1 inch tall

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Zest :-)

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow, your vegetable strudel looks exciting, Zest!

I thought it was a pudding on blackberries with chocolate on top! :)

Mx

1 like

Hi Mel,

Yes, it does look like a dessert, doesn't it, but it was full of red pepper, mushrooms, and other nice veggies, and the surrounding sauce was the red cabbage (infused with Apple Cider Vinegar) and tomato and basil in the sauce - it was really delicious! Plus filling too! :-)

Zest :-) xx

Exciting! :) x

1 like

Blimey Zest 👨‍🍳 this looks like a healthy banquet and I love the vegetable strudel,

Jerry 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Thank you, it was an enjoyable day!

Zest :-)

1 like

You may also like...