Healthy Eating
31,295 members4,286 posts

Sunday meals (Breakfast & Lunch) :-)

Sunday meals (Breakfast & Lunch) :-)

Hi everyone,

Today I've had my usual Porridge breakfast (30g porridge with 150ml semi-skimmed milk) and fruits (fresh pineapple, strawberry, kiwi fruit, blueberries and dried apricot) and added seeds (chia and pumpkin and sunflower) and a sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon on top.

Lunch was a Spicy Parsnip soup and some seeded rolls with peanut butter on them.

I also enjoyed a slice of homemade fruit-cake and a cup of coffee.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

Zest :-)

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi. That sounds lovely. I'mwondering how you made your parsnip soup.

1 like

Hi derrygeel,

I was lazy today and used a tin of Spicy Parsnip soup.

1 like

Hi Zest, your breakfast is very bright and cheerful, so what a good start to the day. And your lunch looks good and I really like the sound of the parsnip soup...

Jerry 😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry,

Thanks! I enjoyed all the meals today - and I've just been chopping up some veggies and getting some butter beans to put in my slow-cooker for tonight's meal.

Hope you have a great day.

2 likes

Ah. We've a truckload of parsnip in the back garden and I need to do more than make stress etc.

1 like

I really like parsnips :-)

1 like

looks very healthy Zest.

1 like

Thanks Grace. :-) xx

1 like

Looks yummy Zest. I love my morning porridge and I have 30g oats, chopped almonds, sultana raisins and a small banana all made with 150ml water and 100ml organic semi skimmed milk. Love the look of your lunch as well and the 'cheeky' fruit cake, fruit cake is my absolute favourite.

Alicia :)

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Thanks - your breakfast sounds great - I like those additions. Yum!

Zest :-) xx

My favourite breakfast of all time, beats a fry up anytime. :)

Alicia xxx :)

1 like

Absolutely, I agree! :-) xx

1 like

You may also like...