Healthy Eating
33,276 members β€’ 4,783 posts

Delicious Greek-style Yoghurt :-)

Delicious Greek-style Yoghurt :-)

Hi everyone,

This is one of my favourite 'snacks' and I believe it to be healthy. It consists of 70g Greek-style Organic Bio Live Yoghurt, with 2 dried apricots, a sprinkling of pumpkin, sunflower and chia seeds and 4 almonds. It is really tasty. I nearly forgot, I sometimes stir some Jumbo Porridge oats through it, which is really good.

Just wanted to share a photo of it with you, and recommend it as a really yummy snack or dessert or breakfast option.

I calculated that is is approx 170 calories.

Zest :-)

26 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Hi Zest and I believe it to be healthy...it looks really good to me and I eat all of these a lot. I notice that you don't sweeten it which makes it even healthier.

Jerry 😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry,

I have cut out added sugar for a few years now, and I have noticed that my taste buds have changed as a result, and so basically it tastes wonderful as it is, no need for me to sweeten it. The dried apricot is sweet though! :-)

Hope you're having a lovely evening, and thanks for your reply.

1 like

Tasty & nutritious! :)

1 like

Thanks Mel, it was really good. I had it yesterday in the evening. Normally I don't eat after my evening meal, but just lately I've been fancying a mid evening snack, and that fits the bill. :-)

1 like

It looks lovely Zest. I'm a great fan of Greek yoghurt too, and like you I add fruit or nuts or oats .

I've even added a dollop of peanut butter which someone suggested to me but I'd say it's an "acquired taste".πŸ˜†

1 like

Hi elliebath,

I will try the addition of peanut butter, as I do like that - and I am also thinking that almond butter would be a nice alternative. Thanks for that suggestion! I love Greek yoghurt. Yum! :-)

1 like

ever tried skyr? 0.2g fat 4g carbs and 11g protein per 100g quark is similar too.

1 like

Hi mixindave,

Yes, I have tried Skyr, but I have to say that my favourite at the moment is one by Yeo Valley which is called 'Greek Style' and is a Bio-Live Organic one, and I have to say it's my 'favourite' - I prefer it to the Skyr one for taste. I've tried lots of different ones in the past - I've not tried Quark though, might give that a go.

Hope you're having a great week. Thanks for your reply.

quark tastes very similar. if i remember it was much thicker. but yea great with fruit etc even mixing a bit of peanut butter in, unusual mix but it tastes really good

1 like

I shall definitely try that! :-)

The Yeo Valley one is to die for ... trouble is it goes down faster than icecream ( I actually much prefer it to icecream , v creamy but not sweet) . I have also found the own brand versions in Tesco and M&S are just as good and a bit cheaper.

1 like

I really liked the own brand one that Tesco's do - I discovered it a while back, and we do have a shop over here that sells some Tesco's products, so that is great. I've not tried the M&S one - I think I will, as I would like to find a cheaper one - I've noticed the Yeo Valley one is a smaller size! I think it's good to shop around and compare. Thanks for the suggestions. :-)

1 like

I just learnt to make greek yogurt or hung curd at my home

Its really nutritous

Planning to make whats called Shrikand in India

Here some powdered cardamom and some soaked saffron strands are mixed in hung curd. Then sugar is added. I will be using stevia drops in place of sugar. Also some nuts like pistachio and almonds

Its available on many flavours like mango flavour etc

1 like

Hi Shashikantiyengar,

It's great that you've learned to make your own Greek-style yoghurt at home - I noticed your post the other day and that you'd mentioned 'hung curd' - that must be very satisfying to make your own.

Interesting to hear about Shrikand - that sounds really delicious!

1 like

Thank you Zest

1 like

love it too Zest, i also love to put a few different nuts in with my fruit and yogurt.. walnuts and almonds mostly ☺

1 like

Hi Hidden,

Thanks, it was really good. I like walnuts and almonds - they are so tasty.

Hi Zest, It's really looking too yummy. The Dry fruits you added to the yogurt making it too tastier and healthy Diet. I really die to eat this, But unfortunately I can't do this. So Thanks for your lovely recipe, Enjoy it.

1 like

Hi jeffmarsh,

Thanks for your reply. I hope you're enjoying the Healthy eating forum.

Thank you Zest. I may try it with oats and make it for breakfast.

1 like

I hope you enjoy it, ShadowDee :-)

This have me an except idea on how to make my morning yoghurt more interesting. Thank you Zest

1 like

This gave me an idea πŸ’‘ on how to make my morning yoghurt more interesting. Thank you Zest

1 like

This gave me an idea πŸ’‘on how to make my morning yoghurt more interesting . Thank you Zest. πŸ‘πŸ’“

1 like

Oops. 😌 I thought my reply didn't go through so I tried twice more and now can't delete extra replies. You can tell how enthusiastic about this yoghurt idea I am. πŸ˜€

1 like

Hi Caspiana,

Glad my yoghurt post has given you some inspiration for making your morning yoghurt more interesting. :-)

Hope you have a lovely day and that you enjoy your yoghurt. :-)

1 like

You may also like...