Healthy Eating
32,762 members4,664 posts

Poached eggs for Lunch today :-)

Poached eggs for Lunch today :-)

Hi everyone,

My lunch today was a couple of poached eggs on 2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter, approx 506 calories, followed by some Pink Grapefruit with Organic Bio-live yoghurt and pumpkin seeds, approx 172 calories.

One of my eggs broke during the cooking process - so it's not as appetising to look at, as it could have been. Still tasted good though! :-)

Zest :-)

p.s. Grapefruit can interact with some medications, so please be mindful of that, and only choose to have it if you know it's ok for you personally to have some.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi zest your lunch looks delicious 😋 I'm glad you enjoyed it, I know I would have loved it

Rosie 😊

2 likes

Hi Rosie

Thanks for your lovely reply - I really love poached eggs.

Hope you are enjoying your week.

3 likes

Yes, I'm having a nice peaceful week trying to get back to usual and not eating too much. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day

Rosie 😊 xx

2 likes

Glad to hear it - and here's to getting back to normal. I'm in favour of that. Definitely! :-)

2 likes

nice

1 like

Thanks Mosinyi :-)

Hi Zest and what a good choice of egg and there's only one thing better than a poached egg and thats two poached eggs 😊 And pink grapefruit all very healthy 😊

2 likes

Hi Jerry,

Thank you! Yes, I usually have 2 poached eggs - seems just the right number! :-)

1 like

Hi Zest

Looks delicious and I loved poached eggs and so does my hubby. We are going to invest in a new poacher so it'll be poached eggs all the way. :)

Alicia :) xx

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Great to see you - I've been having internet problems, so not sure if I can post this reply or not - hope so! I used to use a poacher but these days I just put them in boiling water (along with a little vinegar) - and do it that way. But probably if I'd used a 'poacher' I'd not have ended up breaking my egg! lol

Hope you're having a great evening - it's the weekend now - how exciting!

Zest :-) xx

Hi Zest

I've been really busy for the past few days so haven't been on HU hence the very late reply. I have used a saucepan before of hot water and vinegar but used to have a poacher and found it so much easier than putting the eggs in water.

I ought to eat more eggs as they certainly like my tummy more than some foods.

Alicia :) xx

Poached eggs are heaven-sent. I don't eat bread so have them on buttered lettuce.

I know what you're thinking. :)

2 likes

Hi Lantyrn,

I agree that poached eggs are wonderful - my favourite way to have eggs. Your buttered lettuce sounds interesting! They must be like crisp eggy pillows! :-)

Hope you're having an excellent day.

I like them on sauteed spinach .... never tried lettuce 😉

1 like

You may also like...