Healthy Eating
33,377 members4,799 posts

Evening meal: Chicken Curry & Basmati Brown Rice :-)

Evening meal: Chicken Curry & Basmati Brown Rice :-)

Hi everyone,

Tonight I've enjoyed a homemade Chicken Curry - which has white onions, parsnips, mushrooms, and tomatoes - on a bed of Basmati brown rice. It was really tasty.

I'm wondering what you've had for your evening meal?

Hope everyone is enjoying the week - I can't believe it's the weekend again! Here's to the last weekend of 2017. I hope it's a good one!

Zest :-)

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Oooh, are parsnips good in curry, Zest? :)

I have about 2kg, that were earmarked for spicey parsnip soup, so I hope they last till I'm feeling up to peeling & chopping them.

Mx

1 like

Hi Mel,

Yes, they taste great! :-) However, I really like the sound of your Spicy Parsnip Soup - that sounds particularly good!

Zest :-) xx

2 likes

I better look up that recipe.

1 like

just chicken and mix veg

1 like

Hi Steve,

Your meal sounds lovely - I hope you enjoyed it. :-)

1 like

Hi Zest 👩‍🍳 this looks lovely and perfect this time of year. The pan of curry shows its depth of colour. So I’m sure it was tasty.

I had a simple leek and potato soup after BadHare mentioned it on the prebiotic post...I like making things on impulse sometimes

Jerry 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Thank you - I did put quite a few flavours in it - various spices. It was tasty. :-)

Your soup sounds lovely. Making things on impulse can be fun. :-)

1 like

Hi Zest

Not surprised you enjoyed your curry, what a lovely colour and I bet it was tasty. I've never used Parsnips in a curry before and I bet they were lovely.

Alicia :)

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Thanks, I am using up various things after Christmas, and parsnips are one of the things I have quite a few of - I bought some reduced price veggies after Christmas too - so I have quite a few. They do taste great in a curry.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Hi Zest

What a good idea and as my mum used to say 'waste not want not'! I love Parsnips so will think about using them the next time I make a curry which I'm going to have to do as I have now used up all the curry that I froze.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Alicia :) xx

1 like

HI Alicia,

I had some curry left, and it's now frozen for a later date. It's good to have something in the freezer for those days when you don't fancy cooking! :-)

Not long now till the New Year. Enjoy the remainder of 2017. :-)

Hi Zest

Yummy, you'll be able to enjoy it again without having to chop up ingredients - result. :)

New Year's Eve tomorrow, can't wait until January 2018 and looking forward to Spring - I've always been pleased when getting back to normality.

Happy New Year to you. :)

Alicia xx

1 like

Happy New Year to you too, Alicia! :-) xx

1 like

Looks yummy Zest! I'm making chicken curry as well. It's in the slow cooker and smelling good.

1 like

Hi ShadowDee,

Great! I bet it will be tasty. Enjoy!

You may also like...