Healthy Eating
31,262 members4,284 posts

Porridge & Fruit for Breakfast :-)

Porridge & Fruit for Breakfast :-)

Hi everyone,

This is my breakfast today - it was some Porridge (30g) made with semi-skimmed milk, and I sprinkled mixed nuts (2 Brazil nuts, 4 almonds, 2 walnuts) and mixed seeds (chia, sunflower and pumpkin) and topped with fresh fruit (1 kiwi and half a slice of pineapple, and some blueberries). I mixed through some Belgian chocolate flavoured protein whey powder in the porridge, which gave it the brown colour and a nice flavour, and I sprinkled the top with some Cinnamon. It was very tasty. Approx 425 calories.

What did you have for your breakfast today? Please share if you want to, it's nice to compare meal ideas.

Zest :-)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

never of thought of adding anything to porridge, i do make it sometimes, and when i do i just use mike.. then i put a little sugar on top and a little cold milk.☺

1 like

Sounds lovely, Hidden :-)

Hi Zest, a very wholesome and healthy breakfast, I find dishes like this are like central for our bodies. 🌝 So are great in winter and todays the winter solstice.

Sometimes I make puddings with quinoa flakes or rice flakes and the thought of adding some Belgian chocolate flavour...mmmmmm

I saw a recipe in the Guardian for truffles and scrambled eggs and thought I'm up for scrambled eggs with thin slices of crispy chestnut mushrooms on top...But I'd eaten them all so couldn't have it this morning ☹️ But the poacher was handy 😊

Jerry 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Your breakfast today sounds great - maybe you can try the Truffles and scrambled eggs the next time you have those lovely chestnut mushrooms. :-)

Hope you are enjoying the Winter Solstice.

1 like

Wow, your Honey gift sounds really lovely. I bet the honeys all taste subtly different - great that you enjoyed some oats for breakfast this morning.

Yum!

That looks tasty AND nutritious, Zest! :)

Mx

You may also like...