Lunch today - Scrambled egg & Smoked Salmon... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

49,861 members9,184 posts

Lunch today - Scrambled egg & Smoked Salmon on Wholemeal Bread.

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed my lunch today - it's some Smoked Salmon and Scrambled egg on wholemeal toast with butter. It was delicious! Approx 500 calories.

I hope you're having a great week so far. Please share what you've enjoyed eating today, if you want to. It's nice to share meal ideas.

Zest :-)

15 Replies
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, a nice healthy lunch, the scrambled eggs look cooked to perfection 😊 So I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I started the day with a poached egg with 2 pieces of home made gf toast and 6 baby plum tomatoes grilled and then I had a home made gf roll with nut luncheon and salad with some more baby tomatoes followed by a bowl of raspberries with coconut cream...and I'm not complaining LOL

Jerry 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Your breakfast of poached egg with the lovely gf toast and baby plum tomatoes sounds absolutely delicious! My absolute favourite way to have eggs is to poach them. Your lunch sounds great too, and the raspberries and coconut cream sound divine. :-)

Hidden
Hidden

looks lovely Zest, i love scrambled eggs on tosted bread... got me thinking of making an oumlet and toast for the children breakfast before going to school.

10 or so eggs is what i normally use to make it..

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Hidden

Hi Hidden,

Thanks for your reply, and I can imagine that your Omelette will be a really good one!

Zest looks yummy. I may try that out for my breakfast!!

Zest
ZestStar in reply to ShadowDee

Hi ShadowDee,

I have it for breakfast sometimes on weekends - it works really well as a breakfast too - hope you enjoy it!

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

Hi Zest

That is my favourite lunch of all time, I absolutely love salmon and scrambled eggs on toast - yummy.

You do eat some lovely food and have a good imagination when it comes to what to cook.

Alicia :)

Zest
ZestStar in reply to crazyfitness

Thanks Alicia, I have been enjoying my meals this week - and I do enjoy cooking.

I've just been admiring your Nut Roast - it looks wonderful.

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Zest

I am more of a sugarcraft cook, oops not that good for you!! I used to make a lot of cakes for cake sales and make cakes for weddings, birthdays etc. I used to make sugar flowers.

I went out to lunch yesterday with a friend and I had, wait for it, sourdough bread, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon - yummy.

I'm looking forward to the Nut Roast.

Alicia :) xx

Zest
ZestStar in reply to crazyfitness

Your lunch sounds really good! :-)

Zest :-) xx

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Zest

It was yummy and I had such lovely company as well, makes it go down a treat. :)

Alicia :) xx

Hiya Zest. That's my sort of brunch too. I have 2-3 Scrambled eggs & smoked salmon quite often, but over time I've weaned myself off bread... or occasionally just half a piece of rye toast.

Its funny how you don't miss bread or potato once you start cutting them back and it's certainly made maintenance a lot easier. It is very difficult to overeat on protein/fish/ veg but extremely easy to overeat on processed carbs!

Salmon &eggs will in fact be our family breakfast on Christmas morning. We won't be having our roast until c 3pm, and it will stop us grazing on nibbles and quality street all morning ( actually I haven't bought any QS this year ) .

Have a lovely day 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to elliebath

Hi elliebath,

Great to see you! :-) Lovely to hear that you've be enjoying some Salmon & Eggs for your family breakfast on Christmas morning - that sounds like an excellent way to start the day! Well done on not buying any QS this year - I bet that will have made a difference too to your overall calorie intake.

I had a bit of a 'splurge' day earlier in the week, as I ended up eating some Christmas cake and also Mini Stollen bites - and when I added my calories up for that day, they came to 3001 - so I'm 'back on the wagon' again and being more sensible for the remaining part of this week, and then I'll enjoy Christmas Day when it comes!

It's all the little extras that can really add on the calories.

Hope you have a wonderful festive time. :-)

elliebath
elliebath in reply to Zest

Yes I like stollen too, but at least the bite size ones were made for people like us. A little of what we fancy but with portion control !!

Zest
ZestStar in reply to elliebath

I'm glad I don't have any more of them! They were too more-ish... :-)

You may also like...