Healthy Eating
31,319 members4,294 posts

Risotto with Prawns & Pineapple :-)

Risotto with Prawns & Pineapple :-)

Hi everyone,

When I was roasting the veggies earlier to make my Risotto, I realised I had no idea what I'd put in it to accompany them, but thought of Hidden's earlier post where he had Hawaiian pizza, and so I thought of 'fresh pineapple' - and cut some of that up, then de-frosted some Prawns, so in the end I had Risotto with Prawns, Pineapple and cheese, plus the lovely veggies that I'd roasted earlier (swede, sweet potato, red and yellow peppers and chestnut mushrooms). There were also red onions and some pine nuts in the risotto as well. It was REALLY tasty. :-)

Zest :-)

10 Replies
oldestnewest

looks beautiful Zest, specially as you put in one of my favorit fruit i use in cooking..

got me thinking of sweet and sour pork, that i havent made for sometime.

works even better with tiger or king prawn.

2 likes

I usually have some fresh pineapple on my porridge in the mornings, so it was easy to cut a slice for the Risotto - but it was thanks to you, that I thought of it as an option! So thank you! :-) Glad you're thinking of the Sweet and Sour Pork - that sounds like a great combination too. :-)

1 like

Looks lovely Zest and a lovely combination 😊

1 like

Mmmm, I really liked it! :-)

It looks and sounds delicious 😋 I would definitely enjoy your risotto, do you know what the calorie content is

Rosie 😊 xx

1 like

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for your kind comments. I calculated the calories as approx 600, but that was due to the cheese I put in really - you could reduce the cheese down a bit, if you wanted to reduce the calories - similarly if you omit the pine nuts, that would also bring it down, as I had 15g of pine nuts per person, and I think you could get away with less than that, or even miss them out altogether.

Hope you're having a lovely evening.

1 like

Thanks for getting back to me zest, it's good advice, I hope you're enjoying your night

Rosie 😊 xx

1 like

Thanks, I am - just watching 'First Dates' on TV. :-)

Zest :-) xx

1 like

Mango is good with roasted vegetables. I like using fresh rosemary, thyme and maybe a few spices

Dee

1 like

Hi Dee,

I really like that suggestion of using Mango with roasted vegetables - I wouldn't have thought of that - thank you! I love Mango. I like the sound of those herbs too - many thanks.

You may also like...