Healthy Eating

I love Haloumi Cheese! :-)

I love Haloumi Cheese!  :-)

Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed my evening meal tonight - it was a Vegetable Casserole (containing some white onions, chestnut mushrooms, broccoli, butternut squash, aubergine, red pepper, tin of tomatoes, tin of butter beans, some tomato paste, and some oregano herbs, with olive oil, and then some lovely Haloumi cheese on top. Yum! Really tasty.

I have plenty left for tomorrow, and I'll be adding some wholemeal pasta to it for a Pasta bake. Should be even tastier second night running.

What have you had for your evening meal? Please share, as it's great to compare meal ideas.

Zest :-)

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, lovely selection of veggies and lovely looking meal 😊 so I bet you enjoyed it, casseroles are perfect this time of the year too.

Jerry 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

They certainly are! Very satisfying and delicious. :-)

1 like

looks lovely Zest, as a child i would help my dad bring in the goats and help my mum and 2 older sisters to milk them, my mum would then make Haloumi cheese.

Kyrenia Mountains, Cyprus.

i sometimes buy and love to fry or eat it just as it is. 😊

best memory trip ive had in a long time.😍

2 likes

Hi March1950,

That is a lovely memory! :-) Great that your Mum made Haloumi Cheese. I love the texture of it - I even like the slightly rubbery aspect of it - I find it so delicious.

2 likes

Absolutely scrumptious looking. Now I am hankering after vegetables and cheese. Thank you Zest . xx 🙋

2 likes

Thanks Caspiana - It was very tasty. :-) xx

1 like

Hi Little_toad,

You've reminded me that I had also put some Aubergine into it, and I've forgotten to put that in the list of ingredients, so I'll edit it now - the aubergine was a tasty addition!

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Hi Zest

That looked yummy and enjoy the leftovers tonight. I also love Haloumi and had never tried it until I went to lunch with someone a while back and they let me try their's, it was yummy.

Alicia :)

1 like

Thanks Alicia, I'm glad you tried the Haloumi cheese - and that you like it. :-)

Hope you have a lovely evening.

Zest :-) xx

1 like

Yummy!!! 😁

1 like

Thanks Mel, it was indeed very Yummy! :-)

You may also like...