My meals today (Sunday) :-): Hi everyone... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

51,831 members9,637 posts

My meals today (Sunday) :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

Here are my meals for today:

Breakfast was Porridge with mixed fruit (blueberries, strawberries and pineapple); mixed nuts (brazil nuts, almonds, and walnuts) and mixed seeds (pumpkin and chia) with semi-skimmed milk (30g porridge and 150ml milk). Sprinkled with some cinnamon powder. Approx 450 calories.

Lunch was some Celeriac and Cauliflower soup with a Seeded Roll with some peanut butter on it. Approx 300 calories.

Dessert at lunchtime was some Grapefruit (a quarter) with some plain yoghurt and pumpkin and chia seeds. Approx 182 calories.

Dinner was a Roast chicken with roasted mixed vegetables (red onions, sweet potatoes, new potato chips) and some gravy. Approx 575 calories

Dessert: Half a banana with some vanilla ice-cream and sliced almonds. Approx 240 calories.

I've also had some teas with skimmed milk, and coffees with semi-skimmed milk, plus I have eaten 6 Thornton chocolates. I also had some Dark chocolate too - so I've been overdoing my chocolate intake today!

So my total calories for today were 2,383.

Pledge for next week: I am going to limit my chocolate intake next week. No more than my usual 25g of dark nutty chocolate per day. :-)

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend, and wishing you all a great week ahead.

Zest :-)

18 Replies

very nice Zest how on earth you manage to keep a note of all those calories is amazing i couldnt do that. i bought a fit bit tracker and it has a part on it that i can add what food i eat and the calories but its to much for me. I'm not eating much anyway but my downfall is sweets not so much chocolate but mints and hard fruit sweets. i did have waffles yesterday that i bought out of lidls for a treat i havent done that for ages i used frozen fruit and melted it with a few spoons of water and some honey. i enjoyed them but i wont do that for a while again. im going to make soup tomorrow but i have to go and buy some containers to freeze it up as i gave a my last container full of frozen soup to my x boyfriend and havent got the container back he has probably not even washed it so i will go to lakeland and buy some more. i usually live on soups and bananas and avacados. i make a meal with the chicken i use for the soup. i hope your having a nice week end. love grace xoxoxo

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to grace111

Hi grace111,

Great to see you! :-) I also use a Fitbit tracker, and I use the calorie counter - that is how I keep track of my calories, and I've found it relatively easy to use, as I tend to put together meals I 'frequently have' - e.g. the breakfast etc, and so it is quicker that way to input a meal, than keep putting in all the constituent parts. :-)

Sorry that you haven't got your container back from your ex, and hope you get some nice ones from Lakeland - your home-made soup will be brilliant, I bet!

My weekend is ok. There have been a few unexpected stressors in it, but nothing I can't handle.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, and wishing you an excellent week ahead.

boaters profile image
boaters in reply to grace111

Hi Grace111 - I'm like Zest - keep a strict track of calories. It's the only way I can manage. And for me, the trick is to record EVERYTHING. I don't have a fitbit but there are loads of weight-loss organisations that have an online facility to record what you eat, and they work out the calories - and even give you a nutritional breakdown as well! I use weightlossresources but there are others. WLR allows you to play around for 24 hours without taking out a subscription.

Have a good week.

grace111 profile image
grace111 in reply to boaters

thanks that was very goo of you to go the the bother for me. its appreciated. i will have a look. love grace

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, what a healthy spread, I really like these real food Photos as they are just that...👨‍🍳

Jerry 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry - I must say posting the entire day's foods make me think about what I'm having. I find it very helpful to keeping on track. This time of year is notoriously challenging with all the extra chocolates and treats that are around - and I love looking at other people's photos too - so I'm really glad that people are posting their food and their meals. :-)

Hi there

It's good to hear you are trying to encapsulate a healthy diet. I would just warn you, sugar is not good, and fructose (the sugar in fruit) is metabolised to 1/2 sucrose so it's really not good either. But hey, 95/100 nutritionists would say you have had a good few meals. So there's that!

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Zoea

Hi there,

I'd like to point out that fresh fruit contains fibre, vitamins and antioxidants so is a very valuable nutritious food. In fact some of us see fresh fruit as natural fast food.

This about fructose is as bad as sugar is a myth as it is very difficult to over eat fructose from fruit so even tho' fruit contains fructose it is much healthier to eat fruit than processed sweet foods made with highly refined sugars and little or no nutritional value.

Another thing worth bearing in mind is if we get an upset stomach(the runs) the best thing to take is electrolytes which are base sugars and salt.

So to me the secret is a balanced diet that suits our needs and that we enjoy. 🍏🍎🍐

Jerry 😊

Zoea profile image
Zoea in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry you have a nice balanced perspective.

I would point out for readers a lot of the benefit of fruit is the fibre. You don't get this from juice (even 100% fruit fresh juice) and I'm unsure on smoothies.

Best wishes!

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Zoea

Hi Zoea & Jerry,

I appreciate your conversation and points about fruit, and having a balanced diet.

What I'm cutting down on this week is my intake of chocolate, as I've been eating a 'few too many' - due to all the Christmas treats out there. But I am keen to keep my healthy BMI, so I'm going to do my best to keep the balance and perspective.

Hope you're enjoying the forum, Zoea.

Jerry - hope you're having a good day, and that the snowy weather isn't too restrictive.

Zoea profile image
Zoea in reply to Zest

Chocolate (cacao) is actually a great food and an important antioxidant. It's the sugar content of the chocolate products that's the problem. Try and get 70% cocoa (cacao!) products. Lidl is good for this.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Zoea

I know - I usually have 25g Dark chocolate with nuts in it, but this week I've been given some other chocolates which were not as healthy, and so I'm avoiding those for this week, and sticking with my usual dark chocolate - I agree it is a healthy option. There isn't a Lidl where I live - but I can source the chocolate I like ok - thanks for the suggestion though! :-)

BadHare profile image
BadHare in reply to Zoea

I never have a day without fruit for vitamin C & fibre.

Hi Zest,

May I have your celeriac soup recipe, please? Adam loves celeriac, & adds it to mashed potatoe. I’m sure we’d both love your soup! 😁

Mx

ps I think you’re so good, you need more chocolate!

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to BadHare

Hi Mel,

That soup is one that I buy pre-bought from Waitrose - it's in the Fresh soup aisle - it's a low calorie soup - I think just 79 calories in the entire pot (which I have for one person). It is tasty though, and I've bought it a couple of times now - when I'm feeling lazy and haven't made any homemade soup!

Thanks for your lovely reply, and wishing you a good day.

p.s. I've run out of chocolate - need to get some fresh supplies of the lovely dark nutty one. :-)

BadHare profile image
BadHare in reply to Zest

Thanks Zest!

I’ll look out for that at the weekend, then will have a go at inventing one! I’d never tasted celeriac until Adam made special mash with Lancashire cheese sausages. 😀

My supermarket delivery company had my favourite Montezuma on special offer so I have 3 months worth in my chocolate drawer. Mostly orange & geranium, coffee, 85% cocoa, & a new one with raw cocoa nibs. I’ve also ordered some fancy Dom & Daims, more Cocoa Loco, as well as some single estate 90% & 100% chocolate bars, & some organic cooking chocolate. I was worried in case I became deficient in cocoa during the winter, so might have ordered enough to last me through to spring! 😉

Mx

Well done zest, that all look amazing and such a good mix of foods😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to xOceanx

Thanks xOceanx :-)

You may also like...