Healthy Eating
32,741 members4,654 posts

It's the Weekend! :-)

It's the Weekend!  :-)

Hi everyone,

Friday evening, and I'm already excited that the weekend is here. I've put my daily Menu for today - and the total calories of the whole day comes to 2,000. I am happy with that, as I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and I am fairly active, exercise wise.

My breakfast is Porridge (30g), with mixed nuts, seeds, and fruit and 150ml semi-skimmed milk (I've used a previous photo of that, as it is typically the same).

My lunch is some homemade Roasted Tomato soup with some sourdough bread (1 roll) and half a wholegrain brown roll with peanut butter on each. The dessert was a quarter of grapefruit with yoghurt and pumpkin and chia seeds.

My dinner was some Chicken, a Corn on the cob, some broccoli, string green beans, and new potatoes. Then for my 'naughty but nice dessert' I had a strawberry tart with 37g vanilla ice-cream and some flaked almonds.

Then finally a cup of coffee with 25g dark chocolate with hazelnuts (not pictured).

Total calories for the day = 2,000.

I am 6 feet 1 inch tall, relatively active, and I have a healthy BMI.

If you want to share what you've had for your evening meal, or any other meals today - please do - it's interesting to compare meal ideas.

Zest :-)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey Zest this looks lovely and with a treat so good for you,. So I’m sure you enjoyed it, you present pink grapefruit very well too 👨‍🍳

Jerry 😊

2 likes

Thanks Jerry - I enjoyed the meal, but I admit I do feel very full now. :-)

Lovely meals enjoy your weekend.

1 like

Thanks Caroline62 - you too. :-)

Zest :-) xx

That all looks amazing 😁

I had the same breakfast today oats/ berries🍓

1 like

Fantastic, your breakfast sounds great, Little_toad

This is too much, & I now have food envy!!!

I WANT whatever the thing is in the middle on the right! ;)

Mx

4 likes

Hi Mel,

It's the Strawberry tart you've spotted - and yes, it was delicious! :-)

1 like

Love your menu Zest. I had leftover butternut & quinoa hotpot which I made earlier in the week. Have just been preparing my breakfast for tomorrow - chia seeds in soya milk.

I'm a foot shorter than you, much less calories to consume (nearly half 😯).

1 like

Hi Hidden,

Yes, I remember your lovely Butternut & Quinoa Hotpot - glad you enjoyed the remainder tonight, and your breakfast for tomorrow sounds great.

Have a lovely weekend.

looks great Zest, my eyes were all over the place for a while but finely settled on the soup and bread rolls☺

we are off out in a couple of hours for for a bit of fun.. see you later 😊

1 like

Hi Hidden,

Yes, the soup and bread rolls were especially tasty. :-)

Hope you enjoyed your couple of hours of fun - I've not long woken up and thinking about breakfast now. :-)

Hi Zest, your meals for the day looks amazing! I would have taken a picture of my dinner but I was already half way through it when I read your post! 😊

For dinner I’m having a 80gram beef steak, roasted broccoli with a hint of garlic with a side of green salad.

1 like

Hi Claire1992,

Thanks for the lovely comments - and I hope you take a photo of your meal (if you want to) next time - we love sharing food photos here! Your dinner sounds great - very tasty.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend so far, and Welcome to the Healthy Eating community. :-)

1 like

Ooh all looks so yummy Zest.

Alicia xx :)

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Many thanks. It was yummy. :-)

It certainly looked it Zest, you cook some amazing meals. :)

Alicia :) xx

You may also like...