My Meals today :-)

My Meals today :-)

Hi everyone,

I hope you're not getting fed-up of my posting - I know I'm posting a lot today! But I wanted to update that I succeeded in my Pledge to have a 'non-meat' day - and I thoroughly enjoyed my meals - here they are.

Breakfast: Porridge with mixed seeds, nuts, and fruit.

Lunch: Homemade Roasted Tomato soup and bread rolls with butter, followed by a quarter of a grapefruit with yoghurt and pumpkin and chia seeds.

Dinner: Homemade Vegetable Casserole, followed by Dark chocolate with hazelnuts and a cup of coffee.

I drink coffee and tea throughout the day, and my total calories for today were 1,815.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey zest, Wow that all looks great, i have casserole tonight to.

I love seeing yours and everyones pics of what you make.

I love that you made your tomatoe soup, it looks lovely😁

Can i ask do you eat healthy for any health problems or just because you like healthy foods.

• Hi Little_toad,

Thank you so much, and it's great to hear you enjoyed a Casserole this evening as well. I agree, it is nice to see people's photos of their food - I feel like I'm a bit of a 'food voyeur' these days. I get pleasure from it!

In answer to your question, I would say that I used to eat 'badly' years ago, i.e. I over-ate sugary and fatty foods - and had a tendency to 'comfort eat' and sometimes binge eat. Consequently, I was 'obese' in the BMI classification - that was when I was in my 40's. However, I have lost approx 5 and a half stones, and have maintained that weight loss for the past 3 years - and hence as part of my 'changes' I try to adhere to eating as 'healthily as I can' - and the HU forums (healthy eating and the NHS weight loss) help me to stick to it - I am also developing a greater interest in cooking and enjoying meals - and love the fact this community is growing and people are posting and discussing their meals.

I've yo-yo'ed in my weight in the past, and I really want to maintain a 'healthy lifestyle' now - to hopefully stave off any health issues - and reduce my chance of developing any. Fingers crossed.

I've noticed my skin has improved significantly since eating healthily - and I feel so much better in myself. More energy and feel much fitter. I do a lot more exercise now than I ever did, including running! I would never have run anywhere in the past...

A bit of a long reply.

Hope you have a great evening!

• Thats so interesting, that's amazing that you lost all that weight, thats what i love about eating healthy you just notice how good you feel, energy etc.

I totally get the overeating etc in the past, i was so guilty of that to.

I had dumplings tonight but only 3, i would of ate all 6 in the past🙈

I made homemade rye bread which was so lovely with my dinner😁

Have a great evening to😀

• Hi Little_toad,

Wow, great that you made some Homemade Rye bread to accompany your dinner - I bet that was really good. :-)

Great that you've go the overeating etc under control now as well - it's hopefully a thing of the past for us both. :-)

• well done :) all looks fantastic :)

• Thanks cracker10 - I appreciate your lovely reply. Hope you're having a great evening! :-)

• Fabulous food, Zest!

I can look at your veggie meals all day!!! 😁

Mx

• Thanks Mel. :-)

Zest :-) xx

• Please keep posting Zest, I really look forward to them. I will be making your Tomato soup when my foots better. Thumbs up for you Veggie day : >

• Hi Kitten-whiskers,

Thanks so much, and I appreciate the 'Thumbs up' - and I hope your foot improves soon so you can enjoy making the Tomato soup.

• Yummy, your food for the day a couple of days ago looked yummy.

Alicia xx

• Hi Alicia,

Thank you! It was yummy. :-)

You may also like...