Daily Food Intake 28th November 2017 :-)

Daily Food Intake 28th November 2017 :-)

Hi everyone,

Last week I posted a day's food intake, and said I'd be doing the same this week - so here is my intake for today. I have found it a helpful thing to do, from a personal perspective, as it is making me think about my choices.

Here you can see my breakfast:

Quinoa porridge with seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds); nuts (brazil nuts, almonds, cashew nuts and walnuts); fruit (pineapple, strawberries and blueberries) and semi-skimmed milk (150ml) - there's a dusting of cinnamon on top. (I'd run out of porridge oats - so needed a substitute, and quinoa worked well).

Lunch: Egg mayonnaise with salad and tomato and cucumber in a wrap. Then some Fruit cake (homemade).

Dinner: Chicken breast with mixed vegetables (cauliflower, carrots and brocolli) and new potatoes with a knob of Guernsey butter. Followed by a cup of coffee with skimmed milk and 25g dark chocolate (containing hazelnuts).

I had some cups of tea and coffee (made with skimmed milk) at various points in the day and will have some in the evening too - which I've already listed in my calorie count - and the total calories for today = 2,124 calories.

I am fine with this, as I am trying not to go over 2,200 calories - I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and my BMI is 'healthy'.

My plans for next week:

* I hope to have a day when I eat vegetarian foods all day.

* I hope to make some homemade soup to have for lunch.

* I hope to buy some nice yoghurt and a grapefruit - as I was enjoying having that last week, and forgot to get any this week.

* I hope to find a new Vegetarian recipe to try.

If you would like to pledge to do anything this week - you are welcome to join me, or feel free to make any constructive comments you want to - in response to this post.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Zest, I think this is very interesting and to me you do not need to be making any healthy eating pledges. As for vegetarian/meals that is a really good idea for lots of reasons including weight loss as vegetables are easier to digest.

I’ll pledge to find a new vegetarian recipe too hows about that 😊

Jerry 😊

Ps here's the soup I made but I used chick peas and sweet peppers:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyl...

• I'm hoping my Small Person doesn't want to go to his favourite restaurant on Saturday, so we can go to Ottolenghi again. YO's ruined me for eating out! :)

• Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your feedback - I appreciate hearing that. :-)

Excellent that you are joining me in a pledge, and I will look forward to seeing your Vegetarian recipe - in due course.

Many thanks for the link to the soup recipe - I will enjoy looking at that. :-)

• That all looks great, I think it really helps taking pics of what we eat. I take a few to keep me on track of what i have made/eaten day to day.

You seem to have a good mix of foods to. Thats great that you make your own fruit cakes😀

• Hi Little_toad,

Thank you. Great that you also find taking pics of your food to be helpful - please do share them here if you ever want to - we'd love to see your photos. :-)

Yes, I enjoy making my own fruit cakes. :-) It's good to know exactly what goes into them.

Hope you have a great week.

• that all looks good to me. but my eyes did home in on the cake for a long time ☺

• I can understand that, March1950 - it's a good looking cake, isn't it. :-)

• I don't dare post my food intake today as I ate a week's worth of starch, then had pudding! :-/ Bad, but tasty! x

• Hi Mel,

That is fair enough - I can understand your decision not to post your food if you're feeling it was a week's worth in one day. Glad you enjoyed it though! :-)

• Update: I have completed one of my pledges, and I've made some delicious soup - it is 'Roasted Tomato Soup' and here is the recipe if you're interested in trying it - it was delicious!

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

• Nom, nom, nom!!!

• Update: I have completed another pledge - to have a 'meat-free' day of meals and here is the resulting day, depicted in a photo:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

• That looks lovely Zest and fab choices.

Alicia :) xx

You may also like...