Healthy Eating
30,370 members4,096 posts

Daily Food Intake 28th November 2017 :-)

Daily Food Intake 28th November 2017 :-)

Hi everyone,

Last week I posted a day's food intake, and said I'd be doing the same this week - so here is my intake for today. I have found it a helpful thing to do, from a personal perspective, as it is making me think about my choices.

Here you can see my breakfast:

Quinoa porridge with seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds); nuts (brazil nuts, almonds, cashew nuts and walnuts); fruit (pineapple, strawberries and blueberries) and semi-skimmed milk (150ml) - there's a dusting of cinnamon on top. (I'd run out of porridge oats - so needed a substitute, and quinoa worked well).

Lunch: Egg mayonnaise with salad and tomato and cucumber in a wrap. Then some Fruit cake (homemade).

Dinner: Chicken breast with mixed vegetables (cauliflower, carrots and brocolli) and new potatoes with a knob of Guernsey butter. Followed by a cup of coffee with skimmed milk and 25g dark chocolate (containing hazelnuts).

I had some cups of tea and coffee (made with skimmed milk) at various points in the day and will have some in the evening too - which I've already listed in my calorie count - and the total calories for today = 2,124 calories.

I am fine with this, as I am trying not to go over 2,200 calories - I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and my BMI is 'healthy'.

My plans for next week:

* I hope to have a day when I eat vegetarian foods all day.

* I hope to make some homemade soup to have for lunch.

* I hope to buy some nice yoghurt and a grapefruit - as I was enjoying having that last week, and forgot to get any this week.

* I hope to find a new Vegetarian recipe to try.

If you would like to pledge to do anything this week - you are welcome to join me, or feel free to make any constructive comments you want to - in response to this post.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Zest :-)

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, I think this is very interesting and to me you do not need to be making any healthy eating pledges. As for vegetarian/meals that is a really good idea for lots of reasons including weight loss as vegetables are easier to digest.

I’ll pledge to find a new vegetarian recipe too hows about that 😊

Jerry 😊

Ps here's the soup I made but I used chick peas and sweet peppers:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyl...

2 likes

I'm hoping my Small Person doesn't want to go to his favourite restaurant on Saturday, so we can go to Ottolenghi again. YO's ruined me for eating out! :)

2 likes

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your feedback - I appreciate hearing that. :-)

Excellent that you are joining me in a pledge, and I will look forward to seeing your Vegetarian recipe - in due course.

Many thanks for the link to the soup recipe - I will enjoy looking at that. :-)

1 like

Hi Little_toad,

Thank you. Great that you also find taking pics of your food to be helpful - please do share them here if you ever want to - we'd love to see your photos. :-)

Yes, I enjoy making my own fruit cakes. :-) It's good to know exactly what goes into them.

Hope you have a great week.

that all looks good to me. but my eyes did home in on the cake for a long time ☺

3 likes

I can understand that, Hidden - it's a good looking cake, isn't it. :-)

I don't dare post my food intake today as I ate a week's worth of starch, then had pudding! :-/ Bad, but tasty! x

3 likes

Hi Mel,

That is fair enough - I can understand your decision not to post your food if you're feeling it was a week's worth in one day. Glad you enjoyed it though! :-)

1 like

Update: I have completed one of my pledges, and I've made some delicious soup - it is 'Roasted Tomato Soup' and here is the recipe if you're interested in trying it - it was delicious!

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

2 likes

Nom, nom, nom!!!

Update: I have completed another pledge - to have a 'meat-free' day of meals and here is the resulting day, depicted in a photo:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

1 like

That looks lovely Zest and fab choices.

Alicia :) xx

You may also like...