Healthy Eating
30,244 members4,045 posts

Lunch today :-)

Lunch today :-)

Hi everyone,

Here is my lunch today - it consists of some Chicken & Kale soup with bread rolls (135g) and peanut butter, followed by yoghurt with almonds, pumpkin seeds, strawberry and blueberries and chia seeds.

Calories for the soup and bread = 547

Calories for the yoghurt and fruit, nuts and seeds = 159

Total calories = 708

Very tasty.

Please share what you had for your lunch today if you want to - it's nice to share meal ideas.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Zest :-)

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Your so creative with your food Zest. Thank you for mentioning Chia Seeds, I had forgotton I had some in the cupboard, so in the morning for breakfast I will have porridge with cinnamon and Chia Seeds.

Best wishes

Debs

1 like

Hi Debs,

Thank you. I hope you enjoy your lovely breakfast of Porridge with Cinnamon and Chia Seeds - that should be delicious.

1 like

Hi Zest, I agree very creative and the only way to make this healthier is to have a bigger portion LOL 😇

Now the soup, I love the shades of green and is there celery in it?

Jerry 😊

Hi Jerry,

Thanks! Regarding the soup, it contains Chicken, Broccoli, Kale, Peas & Spinach and yes, it does contain celery - it is from a supermarket in the fresh soups department and was 99 calories for a pot containing 350g soup.

I must do some home-cooked soups, but this weekend I was feeling a little lazier than usual - hence the shop-bought one. :-)

1 like

Hey, I didn't know it was bought, I just thought it looked like it had celery in it and It looks lovely.

I'm a dab hand with a tin opener myself you know...

Jerry 😊

1 like

:-)

1 like

i think the soup is something i would enjoy to eat very much. and i would love to put some of my home made butter on that the bread 😊.

3.40am and the start of a new day and new week. made spaghetti bolognese for our main meal yesterday and put some of the bolognese in the fridge as would love to make moussaka today..that is if am well enough to go shoping for the things i need. cough cough😷

1 like

Hi Hidden,

Thanks, and your homemade butter sounds good. I bet it would taste nice on the bread. Your Spaghetti Bolognese sounds delicious - and hope the Moussaka is good too. Hope you feel better soon, and that cough goes away.

1 like

hi thanks zest, am up and about now, dont feel that good but going have a quick shower and go to the market get the things i need but if i dont cook it today theres always tomorrow ☺

ive got delivery of a new coconut tree in a few hours to replace the one that beatles damaged to much to keep, so am very excited about that.😊

1 like

Hope you enjoy your day, and great to hear you've got the new Coconut Tree being delivered. :-)

1 like

That soup looks delicious is it homemade?

1 like

Hi AmylouWilson,

I didn't make it - it was a shop-bought one - but it was in their fresh soup range - and it contained Chicken, Broccoli, Kale, Peas & Spinach and celery - and was 99 calories for a pot containing 350g soup.

I must do some home-cooked soups, but this weekend I was feeling a little lazier than usual - hence the shop-bought one. :-)

Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Hi Zest,

That looks delicious! Mine was similar but with lentils. Silly me forgot the herbs...

Mx

1 like

Thanks Mel - your lunch sounds great! Remember those lovely herbs next time though.

I'm having internet troubles today - keep getting cut off... Might have to give up and watch TV shortly... So if I disappear that is the reason why.

Hope you're enjoying your evening.

Slow cooker, slow brain for the past few days! I rescued it with liquid aminos, nutritional yeast, & a chopped chilli! :)

Hope your internet stops acting up, & you enjoy your telly!

Mx

1 like

You may also like...