Healthy Eating
28,840 members3,701 posts

Meals today :-)

Meals today :-)

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to put up a typical day's meals - and this is what I had today - I've used a previous photo to show my breakfast, as I forgot to photograph it today, and also the cake and coffee and chocolate are previous photos too - but the others (lunch and evening meal) are from today.

If you would like to see the constituents of the breakfast, here is a post about it:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Lunch was a Wrap containing some tuna mayonnaise & salad (tomato, cucumber, lettuce, onion and sweetcorn)

After that I had some Fruit cake (homemade) – if you’d like the recipe here it is:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Dinner was Roast chicken breast with Cajun spices, and mixed vegetables (baked in the oven with olive oil – leek, sweet potato, red onion, butternut squash and courgettes).

After that I had a cup of coffee and 25g of fruit & nut chocolate.

I thought it would be interesting to see the daily food intake in one place, and I'm thinking of posting the entire day's food occasionally - so I can see whether my choices change over time.

I am a tall person (6 feet 1 inch tall) and I am relatively active - regular walks, some running, and attending the gym, so I like to focus on getting sufficient nutrients and energy from my food - I estimate that today's calorie intake was approx 2,206 calories (including some cups of tea and coffee with skimmed milk).

If you want to share your food intake today - please do, or if you want to comment, then I value any constructive feedback.

Zest :-)

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks great as always Zest

1 like

Thanks Caroline62 - lots of colour in the menu for sure! :-)

This is s good idea! One I might even borrow if you don't mind :) It's certainly a lesson in good food presentation, that wrap sounds simple as a list of ingredients, but looks delicious in the picture.

1 like

Yes, please do - that would be great! :-) Thanks for the lovely reply. :-)

1 like

Nice pictures, food looks good.

1 like

Thanks Fab_Jem - much appreciated. :-)

Good morning Zest, it is interesting what we eat in a day and now I know that you're 6'1'' I'll try not to be cheeky, as with 2'' heels and your queen of cakes tiara 👸 you must come in at 6'7'' so the thought of you swinging a copper bottomed saucepan... 😱... I'm a fast runner mind...🏃🏃🏃 LOL.

Jerry 😊

2 likes

You're ok Jerry - I don't have a copper bottomed saucepan. Good to know you're a fast runner - I enjoy running too. :-)

Thanks for the lovely reply and wishing you a great day.

1 like

That's fab, Zest! :)

I'll have a think about doing this, too.

Mx

2 likes

Great Mel, I will look forward to seeing yours when you do it.

1 like

No luck with a photo montage, as yet...

Mx

1 like

I feel sure it will happen one day. :-) xx

1 like

Yes, that all looks delicious. Unfortunately, at 5ft 6 it exceeds my daily calorie allowance vastly, especially if you build in a deficit for losing weight. That said, it looks a lot of food.

1 like

Hi DRS54,

With the extra teas and coffees I had, the total calories for that day came to 2,206, which is fine for me at 6 feet 1 inch, with the exercise I do on top - and you're right, adjusting calories to take account of your height and activity levels is important when following a calorie range.

I'm currently in a 'maintenance' phase of my weight journey - I have maintained a total loss of 5 and a half stones for the past 3 years, and I have a healthy BMI currently.

However, I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds to get in my personal 'preferred weight range, and so far I'm managing to lose approx 0.25 pound per week on average, with my current calories, so I'm quite pleased.

I've not put a daily menu up before, and it's to enable me to try to compare week by week how I'm doing. Just the process of doing this today has helped me to think more about what I'm planning to eat as the week goes on.

I appreciate your reply, and I hope you're enjoying your weight loss journey - and I wish you success with it.

2 likes

You may also like...