Omelette for Lunch today :-): Hi everyone, I... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

50,928 members9,291 posts

Omelette for Lunch today :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I had a Smoked Salmon & Cheese Omelette today for lunch. Very tasty. :-)

Ingredients: 24g cheese; 16g butter; quarter of a red pepper; half a large onion; 2 eggs; 50g smoked salmon (infused with beetroot). Approx 450 calories.

What did you have for your lunch? Please share if you want to, as it's nice to compare meal ideas.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Zest :-)

22 Replies

Hi zest your omelette looks delicious 😋 I'm having a bowl of scotch broth and some yoghurt.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend

Rosie 😊 xx

Zest
ZestStar in reply to rosie-2015

Hi rosie-2015,

Thanks very much. Your Scotch Broth and yoghurt sounds great.

Yes, I'm enjoying the weekend so far. Hope you are too.

Zest :-) xx

Hidden
Hidden

I had pea and spinach omelette last week after seeing an omelette photo posted. I will be having veggie chickpea frittata later.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Hidden

Hi Hidden,

Wow, Pea & Spinach Omelette sounds a great combination. Yum. :-) I hope you enjoy your Veggie Chickpea Frittata later - that also sounds really delicious.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Zest

It's a new recipe. I hope it will be nice.

grace111
grace111 in reply to Hidden

i love chick peas and eat them by the handful. i do get organic ones from the supermarket and they are very cheap i just drian the water of them. i hope you enjoy your new recipe and maybe you could share it with us if it turns out well. love grace xoxoxo

Hidden
Hidden in reply to grace111

Yes I buy organic as much as I can. I would rather spend a bit more on that and cut back elsewhere. Have you tried chickpea bombs? Coating them in a bit of oil and spice and baking them until nice and crispy?

Hi Zest,

I'm waiting eagerly to see your cake! :D

Mx

Zest
ZestStar in reply to BadHare

Hi Mel,

I will post my cake later!!! :-)

shogg
shogg in reply to Zest

if your posting cake u,ll need my address lol

Zest
ZestStar in reply to shogg

lol You made me smile there, Steve - that's very funny. :-)

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Zest

Here is a link to my cake, BadHare and shogg

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

looks lovely Zest im just wondering where you get your salmon. I've heard storys about farmed salmon and dont want to eat it. I went to a fishmonger last week and asked if he had any wild alaskan salmon and he said it wont be in the shops till summer it made me think and wonder why that is as its not as if it grows like a vegetable and only in the fishmonger in summer months. i dont know maybe thats when the fishermen go out. where do you get your salmon zest is it farmed. as im trying to get some thats not farmed and i'v noticed that most of the fishmonger shops have now closed down i wonder why that is. iv not been online much as iv just stareted high blood pressure pills. they make me sleep so much i'v slept all day long. nice to be able to say hello to you. love grace xoxoxo

Hidden

grace111 I buy Wild Alaskan salmon from Waitrose. They usually have a 3 for £10 offer on it so it's not a bad price. They also sell organic salmon.

grace111
grace111 in reply to Hidden

thanks a lot for telling me this.

Hidden

You're welcome.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to grace111

Hi grace111,

I can see that Hidden has given you a great suggestion for sourcing your Salmon. I am also going to have a look in Waitrose to see what is there - as I think they are likely to have a better range.

However, in answer to your question about the Salmon I purchased - it was from the Coop, and it is 'Smoked Salmon with Beetroot' - I got two packs for £7.00, containing 100g per packet. It is Scottish Salmon and it is 'farmed in Shetland', but part of the reason I bought it was that it had a certification mark on it from the RSPCA, saying 'RSPCA Assured'.

The RSPCA Assured label said 'The salmon in this product comes from producers inspected to RSPCA welfare standards by the RSPCA's independently certified farm assurance scheme, for information go to rspcaassured.org.uk

However, I will be going to Waitrose to see what they have in stock - in the way of Salmon. I have to say the price that Fab_Jem mentioned (3 for £10) sounds good for the Wild Alaskan Salmon! and I shall also look at the Organic one too - but I suspect the price of that will be much greater.

Grace - I hope you are having a good week, and good luck with finding some salmon you're happy to purchase.

I have to say that the idea of a smoked salmon omelette is cracking, however, I do think that 'infusing' with beetroot is a bit too much, if you used a medium onion (which I assume the beetroot is designed to counter) and then ditch the beetroot, life would be sweeter

Zest
ZestStar in reply to brumatmed

Hi brumatmed,

I mentioned the fact the Salmon was infused with beetroot, in order to explain the 'colour' of it - as it is very 'pink' looking! However, I didn't infuse it myself - I purely bought it already infused. The reason I bought it was I didn't like the other flavour of salmon they had - which had quite a lot of lemon. Just personal preference I guess.

I would say use whatever ingredient you fancy when you making an Omelette. I think Omelettes are so versatile for adding whatever you personally like/enjoy.

Thanks for your reply and hope you're enjoying your week.

grace111
grace111 in reply to Zest

I eat lots of organic eggs and adding salmon is a great idea. thanks again Zest.

Fatbuddy
FatbuddyHigh Risk

making egg omelet ?? any one -- try adding two tablespoons almond flour and flax seeds,as well as 1 or 2 teaspoon pancake mix powder-and little milk- try and see Puffy Pancake type omelet- you can add onion, and garlic - then top with honey or maple syrup-sour cream or melted butter

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Fatbuddy

Hi Fatbuddy

Your suggestions sound great - thanks for those. Hope you have a lovely day.

You may also like...