Healthy Eating & Exercise: Hi everyone, There... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
41,919 members7,637 posts

Healthy Eating & Exercise

Zest
Zest

Hi everyone,

There is a 'Topic' in our list of Healthy eating titles called 'Healthy Eating & Exercise' (it's abbreviated to 'HE & Exercise'). Anyway, I suggested that title, as I think it's good to combine healthy eating with exercise, and I try to do that regularly.

My photos today show an Autumnal walk cliff-path walk - earlier in the day - and also my evening meal, which is a Chicken & Vegetable Curry on a bed of Brown Basmati Rice. I enjoyed both!

Lovely combination to enjoy a nice walk and some tasty food.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Zest :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest both look lovely and how true, we’ve had rain interspersed with dull so good for you 😊 I’m glad you’re enjoying your weekend.

Jerry 😊

Zest
Zest
in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry - I love the Autumnal colours of the trees - and I think we were luckier with our weather today - it was quite good most of the day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good one too, for all of us. :-)

Hi Zest,

A lovely walk followed by curry should be on prescription! :)

Mx

Zest
Zest
in reply to BadHare

:-) xx

I believe the exercise aim should get the heart pounding for at least 1/2 per day on average.

Zest
Zest
in reply to andyswarbs

Hi Andy,

Do you mean "one or two times per day", when you say "at least 1/2 per day"?

Hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.

andyswarbs
andyswarbs
in reply to Zest

Oops. I meant to say 1/2 hour. That's what comes of trying to multitask!

Thanks the weekend is going okay. Yesterday we spent a whole day in Malvern with a great evening watching the Oyster Band. Sadly, it was too wet a day to do a decent walk up t'hill. Next time, that walk is a must!

Zest
Zest
in reply to andyswarbs

Thanks Andy, just wanted to check - and half an hour sounds great. Glad to hear your weekend is going ok, and that you've had an enjoyable time watching the Oyster Band in Malvern. :-)

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub

Totally agree Zest the mix of both exercise and healthy eating should be followed. Lovely looking curry

Zest
Zest
in reply to crazyfitness

Thanks Alicia,

That curry was made from scratch - i.e. I didn't even resort to a 'jar of curry' to add to it - so I was extremely pleased - I had some left and so I added some penne wholemeal pasta and did a 'curried pasta bake' the following night - and that was really delicious too. I am gradually getting more adventurous at trying different blends of spices etc and enjoying the results. Cinnamon, cumin and turmeric make a delicious blend.

Hope you're enjoying your week.

Zest :-) xx

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub
in reply to Zest

You are welcome Zest :)

I love making a curry from scratch now although I do have a shop jar left in the cupboard which I'll use up sometime so I don't waste it. My last curry was okay but I need to play around with the spices more. I've gone off pasta, I don't know why but it may be that I stopped eating it a while ago to try and avoid too many carbs so I've got used to now having it. Thanks, I'll try Cinnamon, Cumin and Turmeric together.

Enjoy your week.

Alicia :) xx

Zest
Zest
in reply to crazyfitness

Hi Alicia,

I hope you enjoy that spice combination. :-)

Zest :-) xx

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub
in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest and I'm pretty sure I will :)

Alicia xx

You may also like...