Healthy Eating
28,851 members3,704 posts

Healthy Eating & Exercise

Healthy Eating & Exercise

Hi everyone,

There is a 'Topic' in our list of Healthy eating titles called 'Healthy Eating & Exercise' (it's abbreviated to 'HE & Exercise'). Anyway, I suggested that title, as I think it's good to combine healthy eating with exercise, and I try to do that regularly.

My photos today show an Autumnal walk cliff-path walk - earlier in the day - and also my evening meal, which is a Chicken & Vegetable Curry on a bed of Brown Basmati Rice. I enjoyed both!

Lovely combination to enjoy a nice walk and some tasty food.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Zest :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest both look lovely and how true, we’ve had rain interspersed with dull so good for you 😊 I’m glad you’re enjoying your weekend.

Jerry 😊

2 likes

Thanks Jerry - I love the Autumnal colours of the trees - and I think we were luckier with our weather today - it was quite good most of the day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good one too, for all of us. :-)

1 like

Hi Zest,

A lovely walk followed by curry should be on prescription! :)

Mx

2 likes

:-) xx

1 like

I believe the exercise aim should get the heart pounding for at least 1/2 per day on average.

2 likes

Hi Andy,

Do you mean "one or two times per day", when you say "at least 1/2 per day"?

Hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.

Oops. I meant to say 1/2 hour. That's what comes of trying to multitask!

Thanks the weekend is going okay. Yesterday we spent a whole day in Malvern with a great evening watching the Oyster Band. Sadly, it was too wet a day to do a decent walk up t'hill. Next time, that walk is a must!

1 like

Thanks Andy, just wanted to check - and half an hour sounds great. Glad to hear your weekend is going ok, and that you've had an enjoyable time watching the Oyster Band in Malvern. :-)

Totally agree Zest the mix of both exercise and healthy eating should be followed. Lovely looking curry

1 like

Thanks Alicia,

That curry was made from scratch - i.e. I didn't even resort to a 'jar of curry' to add to it - so I was extremely pleased - I had some left and so I added some penne wholemeal pasta and did a 'curried pasta bake' the following night - and that was really delicious too. I am gradually getting more adventurous at trying different blends of spices etc and enjoying the results. Cinnamon, cumin and turmeric make a delicious blend.

Hope you're enjoying your week.

Zest :-) xx

You are welcome Zest :)

I love making a curry from scratch now although I do have a shop jar left in the cupboard which I'll use up sometime so I don't waste it. My last curry was okay but I need to play around with the spices more. I've gone off pasta, I don't know why but it may be that I stopped eating it a while ago to try and avoid too many carbs so I've got used to now having it. Thanks, I'll try Cinnamon, Cumin and Turmeric together.

Enjoy your week.

Alicia :) xx

1 like

Hi Alicia,

I hope you enjoy that spice combination. :-)

Zest :-) xx

Thank you Zest and I'm pretty sure I will :)

Alicia xx

1 like

You may also like...