Dinner tonight :-): Hi everyone, What have... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,883 members9,768 posts

Dinner tonight :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

What have you had for your evening meal tonight? Please share if you want to, as it's nice to hear meal ideas.

I had some Chicken with Cajun spices, and roasted veggies - including broccoli, leek, red onions, chestnut mushrooms, swede, and potato chips drizzled with olive oil.

Afterwards I had a cup of coffee and 24g fruit & nut dark chocolate.

Total calories for the Chicken and veggies was 625, and the coffee and chocolate was 135 calories, so totalled 760 for the entire meal.

Zest :-)

12 Replies
Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

The chicken sounds really great! I love chicken. How long did the entire meal take to cook, Zest?

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Activity2004

It takes approx 25 minutes roasted in the oven. Very easy to do - just chop up all the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, and the chicken is spiced with Cajun spices and similarly roasted in the oven on another baking tray - although I put foil on top of that.

What are you planning to have for your meal Activity2004? Whatever it is, I hope you enjoy it. :-)

Activity2004Administrator in reply to Zest

Not sure what the plans are for dinner tonight, but I will let you all know when I find out!😀

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Activity2004

Hopefully it will be delicious, and you will enjoy it. :-)

Activity2004Administrator in reply to Zest

Thanks!

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Looks good to me...cajun spice lovely and warming and a nice little treat for you 😊 So good for you.

Jerry 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry - I have that 'little treat' each and every day - with my coffee at the end of a meal - I like to 'round off the meal that way' - and as I tend not to eat anything else for the remainder of the evening, I really savour it. :-)

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Zest

Hi Zest, I think its great having a treat and you eat a very healthy diet so enjoy 😊

Hi, looks tasty, I had chicken stir fry with cauliflower,broccoli sweet potato and cabbage. ingredients as planned but presentation changed as had unexpected visitors.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to prawncess

Thanks prawncess. Your Chicken Stir-fry sounds really good - and nice that you had unexpected visitors. :-)

Pumpkin soup from the Cookbook "Forks over Knives" I double the vegetables though so it is more like a stew. I also add a bit more cumin.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to softwaremom00

Hi softwaremom00,

Mmmm, that sounds lovely - great idea to double up on the veggies and add more cumin to that delicious Pumpkin soup.

You may also like...